incandescent night red heat bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read some places that incandescent night red heat bulb does not disturb his nocturnal cycles. I have also read that it will keep him up. I have also read somewhere that I shouldn't use incandescent night red heat bulb nor a ceramic heater during the day. :banghead:

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:CMaJSWPxV_wJ:webspinners.com/coloherp/careshts/lizards/beardeds.php+bearded+dragon+incandescent+night+red+heat&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=us&client=firefox-a

does any one know for sure which ones I can use when. I have a incandescent night red heat bulb by Zilla that I am using on him 24/7 and I want to know what I should do. I ordered some ceramic heat emitters but now it looks like those are not good for daytime heat.

Does anyone know for a fact:
1. whether incandescent night red heat bulb can or should be used on my beardie
2. whether I should replace it with ceramic heat emitters.
3. Or should I use something else

I have his UVB light set up (ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Bulb) and right now he is chilling under his night red incandescent heat bulb
http://www.zilla-rules.com/products/night-red-heat.htm

Thank you.

LQDragons

Juvie Member
for daytime heat, use bright white light, such as a halogen flood lamp. For night heat, if enclosure temps drop below 60*-65*, use a CHE. Hope this helps

fattonyisfat

Original Poster
What about the incandescent night red heat bulb? Can he sleep with that on at night? Could I use it during the day?

WAFisherman

Hatchling Member
My beardie sleeps through anything. At 9pm, he finds a cool spot under the paper towels against the glass bottom and zonks out. Light or no light. My timer goes off around 9:15 and I have no CHE. I do have a CHE for my and UTH for my ball python in the small reptile room. The heat from that keeps the small room warm enough for my beardie and water dragon. So they get a bit a a night temp drop before their MVB's turn back on in the morning.

I do have a red bulb that is on in the room at night, but not directly in any aquarium. Ads some heat for ambient room temps and gives me just enough light to see in there if needed and not turn on the bright lights to disturb the herps. They all sleep nicely.

MissT

BD.org Addict
fattonyisfat":a92bb said:
Does anyone know for a fact:
1. whether incandescent night red heat bulb can or should be used on my beardie
2. whether I should replace it with ceramic heat emitters.
3. Or should I use something else

Just to try to answer your direct questions.
The red heat bulb will disturb your beardies sleep so for night time heat replace it with a ceramic heat emitter - but only if night time temps drop below 65.
During the day, he/she will need a BRIGHT WHITE basking bulb to simulate natural basking conditions and allow him to recognise exactly where heat can be found. As well as that, bright white light protects their eyes from harmful uv rays so during the day you dont need the red bulb or the CHE - just put in a household flood/spotlight :D

So basically, it would be best to just ditch the red bulb completely.

Hope this helps.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom