incandescent bulb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikem83

Hatchling Member
In my 4x2x2 i have a 36 inch reptisun and regular clear incandescent bulbs for heat and extra light. I have read that it is better to use the clear, white incandescents because they are better for beardies but when you look at these bulbs they are sooo bright and im wondering if they can harm their eyes. My guy seems to not bask very long under these and my basking temps are between 100 and 105. I was thinking of switching to the regular "frosted looking bulbs". The reptisun bulbs are not clear and have the frosted look to them so it should be the same thing right? Does anyone have any input on this? Thanks!

mikem83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I understand this post has come up many times but i dont understand how the clear bulbs would NOT harm their eyes. I can barely look at them for a second without having to turn away. Reptisun bulbs are not clear so why is it better for the incandescants to be clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom