In need of advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

clee73614

I just adopted our first bearded dragon Gizmo yesterday and I want to make sure that I take the best possible care of him/her. I have been reading on bearded dragons and I am getting confused so I would like to get some personal opinions on do's and dont's and recommendations on product brands to go for or stay away from. One question in particular. UVB bulb in or out of cage? Will there be a chance of Gizmo being burned if it is in the cage? Can I use the calcium on the mealworms or just the crickets? Any and all help or advice will be greatly appreciated by myself and my new reptilian baby. Thank you

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, your uvb bulb placement will depend on the type of tank you have. The best long tube flourescent uvb bulbs are the Reptisun 10.0 and the Arcadia D3 12%. These can be used on top of screen if need be but must be within about 10" of the basking area if on top of the screen. If mounted in the tank they should be a bit farther away. A fixture with a refelector boosts the uvb projected down in to the tank.

clee73614

Original Poster
I have a 40 gallon tank and the top of the tank is within 8 inches of his/her basking area so putting it inside of the tank would not be ideal then? Am I correct?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. :) And I should mention that the Reptisun 10.0 tube should be the t5 HO model.

Lyshha

Hi I rescued 2 dragons and I honestly winged it and was always googling ha . I put calcium on the crickets and worms. I bought a multivitamin so I'll alternate sometimes . You also only want to lightly dust them right before feeding . GOOD LUCK ! And I have a zoo med double dome for my 40 gal and 20 gal tanks and use the uv bulb on top of the lid . Or you can buy the exo terra solar glo bulb which is a uvb and basking light in one. It is pricey though , I got mine for around 60$ . And it's a 160 watt . You just need to pay attention to what your lamps max watt is so you don't blow it out .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom