in his hide all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alil

Hatchling Member
Hello, My male went into his log hide today after eating and has just stayed there all day. He has done this before and was fine the next day. Is there something bothering him, he is not sleeping in the hide he just seems to look out. He also reacts a little by adjusting his head when he sees me looking into his cage.

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
not 100% on his age maybe 6-9 months hes over 1 ft long cage 36x18x18 I reptisun 10.0 mounted inside his viv. basking area of about 105 to 110 measured with a laser thermometer. As far as everything else about him he eats when offered crickets and salad is offered daily. He poops regularly. His set up is the exact same as the other beardie and she has no problems. He has done this before and the next day when he crawls to his basking spot he goes right back to normal.

COMBATJJP

What gallon tank do you have for 20 gallon you should have 100 watt basking bulb and a uvb bulb his basking area should get up to 90-110F and cool area should be 75-85

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He has been over this for a while all my temps are correct and he does this once every 3 or 4 weeks then hes back to his old self again a little grumpy the first day out but he goes back to normal

COMBATJJP

He might be trying to brumate or something my beardie recently started staying in his hideaway alot he only comes out to eat or be handled,he also might just like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom