Important question about Dubia roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
Hello,

I've said this in past threads but I feed Monotov and Layla crickets every day, (they are juveniles.) I was reading a lot about how simple it is to have a Dubia colony, sounds like all I would need to do is get the set0up going, order in bulk and never have to order again if their breeding is successful. Anyways, could I replace crickets with roaches? And if so, how many a day? I have read they are also healthier than crickets. Are they just treats? I'd like to know a little more about Dubia roaches and how I feed them to my beardies and etc. Thanks.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Yes, you can completely replace crickets with dubia. They eat about the same number of dubia a day as crickets since you will still feed ones that fit the space between the eyes. They are more nutritious since they are easier to gut load, have less shell and are lower in fat.

Dubia don't smell, jump or bite. Once you get a good colony going, the breed like crazy. They are slow and easy to handle, all in all, a much better feeder then crickets.

Captian

I have found a great way to feed dubia to my beradie! I had a puppy size food bowl similar to this one...
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3436969 It's great! All I have to do each morning is fill it with enough dubia to last until dinner time. The dubia can't get out and Captain can't push the bowl around by accident. It's kind of funny to see her chasing them around the bowl as well.

brezofleur

It's one of the best choices I made for Athena! She loves them better than crickets, and they really are so much easier. They're in a tub in the corner of my living room (I live in a small, 1 bedroom apartment) and no one knows they're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom