Impaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwools

My Beardie is having a little trouble. He is about 5 months old. He doesn't usually eat but i fed him 8 crickets 2 days ago. He has not pooped and seems like he is dead. Can someone help? I have given him long warm baths the past two days. Still nothing. I'm concerned, somebody please help.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I'm sorry your baby is having issues. Can you give a complete rundown of his set up? How big are the crickets you fed him?

bmwools

Original Poster
I have other treads that contain my set up but, I have a bad UV fixture but I'm working on getting a new one. His temps on average are about 90 degrees. He has a nice basking spot that he can climb up onto to stay warm, I bring him outside when it is warm enough. I think I might have over fed him because he usually doesn't eat anyway. Throughout yesterday and today he has pooped out little bits here and there but not enough to be all of it.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Thanks for answeing. Idk how you are taking the temps but 90 is too low. Should be 105 for little ones. You need a temp gun or a digital with a wire probe. He needs to be fed 2x a day. Hardly eating means he's sick or the habitat is completely off. Are you using a coil uvb? If so yes change it to a reptisun 10.0 tube. He needs a bright white basking light. How long have you had him? How big is the enclosure? Good you take him outside. Also do not feed him feeders bigger than the space between his eyes as babies get impacted very easily. He need higher temps so he can digest better and that's why he needs a new uvb. He needs 2 hours of basking time after he eats. Hope he feels better soon.

bmwools

Original Poster
I'm working on getting a heat emitter. I should have that within the next week or so. Yes his UV lights are bad. He actually, within the first month of having him, got MBD. We treated him with liquid calcium and he was doing better until now. He is always on his basking branch and rarely ever goes anywhere else. Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, just wanted to mention that another small watt basking bulb added to the one you already have will be cheaper + better than a heat emitter. Or if you were going to use a heat emitter as the primary heat source, that won't provide the bright light they need. Just a good high watt bulb, even a halogen bulb from a home improvement store will do the trick and only costs a few dollars. Lots of b.d. owners use them. The par 38 halogen bulb is a good one.

bmwools

Original Poster
My beardie this morning now has a black beard and his stomach is just white and no black pattern at all. I'm really concerned now. I'm giving him a bath after just giving him vegetable oil so I hope it helps. He did this weird thing after and during his bath where he stuck his head straight up in the air and opened his mouth pretty wide. Any idea what this is?

bmwools

Original Poster
86905-5988094285.jpg
86905-8330035228.jpg
His sides look lopsided. and have lumps along the sides.

Also a little off topic but what morph is he because he has a yellow-ish head and orange on his ears and shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom