impaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

LigerZero

my beardie wont go poop. ive givin her fiber rich foods but nothing has helped. i have bathed her and massaged her in luke warm water. i am wondering if i could sprinkle benefiber on her food, can i do that? and i wanted to know how long can a berdie go without being fed? i feed her regurally so just a curiousity question.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
What has been fed that is "fiber rich"?

Best first step is to bath in 93-96°F shoulder height water, for 10-15 minutes, very gently massaging from the chest down to the vent (never the opposite direction).

What is the basking temperature an dhow are you measuring it?

LigerZero

Original Poster
first she gets peas(her absolute favorite) carrots, romain lettuce, zuccini, sweet potatos. her basking are is in the high 90's to mid 100's. i have her cool off and feeding area to about 80's. i use fahrenheit to measure temps. also about once every week i giv her calcium. in her cool area she has a log that she likes to hid under,a hammmock for her to sleep on, and a uv light throught the cooling area. now every so often she gets to have a grasshopper instead of crickets. they are big but not too big so she cant have it. she likes to sit in her pool. now i have done the bath and massaging but no luck.

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
How old is she and when was the last time she pooped? Are the grasshoppers smaller than the space between her eyes? The crickets too? What are her temps and how are you measuring them? What substrate are you using?

LigerZero

Original Poster
shes 1 and 3/4 years old. i always check the size of her food i never giv her anything without checking. and she hasnt pooped i n7 days. so is it ok to give her benefiber?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What type of thermometer are you using to check the temps? Doesn't sound like she is spending much time in the basking area and if that's true, that will affect digestion and the pooping schedule.

I wouldn't recommend giving benefiber as you don't know what side effects your beardie could have from it.

For her age, she should be getting calcium 3 days a wk and vitamins 1 day a wk. You mentioned that the UV was "throughout the cooling area." The UVB should actually be right alongside a bright white basking bulb so your beardie can get the benefit of both bulbs at the same time. What brand UVB is it and what is the distance of it?

When you do the massage, it needs to be on the right side from armpit to vent area and in a gentle circular motion. You can actually also give 2 drops of vegetable oil. Does your beardie seem uncomfortable? Are the beard and/or tail darkened at all?

LigerZero

Original Poster
it is. the uvb is a tube bulb placed in an aquarium light fixture. her basking light is in a spotlight dome on her cage. her basking site is 8 in from her log which is proped on her sand pit. she hids and digs in it. her uvb tube is reptisun 10 uvb tube light. i did say it was throughout her cooling area since the tube is 24 in. her cage length is about 30-32 if you include the frame.i give her a bath once a day. she shows no sign of any discomfort and her beard and tail arent darkened at all. i will give her more calcium. what kind of vitamins should she get. i havent seen any at the petsmart i shop at. if she doesnt go today i will give her a bath the give her that oil. i also want to try purified prunes. like the baby food. also how can i add pics so you can see her?

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
Ditch the sand if it didn't cause the impaction its sure not helping. Keep bating and massaging your beardie and offer applesauce to help things move along.

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
She needs a bigger tank also, you said it is around 30" which make it a 20L. 30x12... They need a min of 36x18 as an adult. Please post pics of your set up and beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom