Impaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut04

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone!

Well...my wonderful husband :roll: gave Bob and huge blue worm thingy....now he hasnt pooped in 3 days. I have been giving him baths, and I gave him some olive oil today. He's still eating fine but not to active. Anyone have any advice on what else I could try?

Dana

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Dana,

What type of blue worm object was given, rubber or plastic? How large was it?
Well, continue giving baths, but you can also add some canned pumpkin, sugar free applesauce, & squash babyfood along with the olive oil or mineral oil. Are you massaging his belly on the right side, starting at the armpit all of the way down to the vent, very gently.
Try that to see if that will help him out any. Are your temps optimal for him?
You may want to try to keep his tank around 80 overnight, just to help keep his metabolism up a little bit more to help him pass the object more easily.

Tracie

Peanut04

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No, it was as actual worm...a real life ugly blue wiggly worm! We went to the reptile house just looking around, and the guy told my husband that beardies eat these worms....that they are good for them.....tomato horn worm??? I cant remember the name!! he told my husband they (the worms) were bred for feeders...

Dana

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Blue worm = HornWorm.... Was it like this one? These have no shell (chitin) on them at all and are all goo, so I dont think he could be impacted from this type of worm. How big is the Beardie you gave it to and how big was the hornworm? If the worm was really big...he might just still be full :D

IMG_3345.jpg

Peanut04

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ah ha....there is the culprit...lol. That is the worm!!!! Bob is about 14-15 inches, If that didn't impact him i dont know what did :( Since I have had him he has always pooped at LEAST once a day...today is day 4 with no poop :(

Thanks!
Dana

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Dana!
:D
I was literally thinking "blue" as the hornworms are more greenish or turquoise. Sorry! :lol:
How is your boy doing today? Well, at around 15 inches, he "should" be able to pass that since it is a soft bodied worm. They may take a little longer to pass. So, just continue to bathe him, & try the babyfood slurry along with some extra fluids & he should pass it pretty soon.
Was that the first time that he had tried it before? Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

GREAT Bob passed the worm with no trouble. :blob8: He will be fine.
Those are very good pictures of Bob & your daughter. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom