Impaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiro

OK I gave Wrex a bath today and while he was soaking he defecated but there was more than just poo. There was lots of roach shells as well. I fed him a lil over an hour before the bath and I made sure all of them were a lil smaller than the gap between the eyes. My brother got him a UVB without telling me (its his lizard im just getting Wrex on his feet) and its some desert UVB bulb from the local pet store. Could it be the light or did he really have an impaction?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Hi-
A couple of thoughts. If he's pooping he's not impacted. What are his basking, ambient (warm side), and cool side temps and what do you useto measure them (stick-on, digital w/probe, temp gun)? Also, can you find out exactly what the UVB is as some of them have been causing problems in dragons. He does need a UVB but certain brands are better than others.
Sara

Shiro

Original Poster
Basking is at 114, ambient is anywhere from 85-90 through out the day and cool side stays around 78-82. I use a digital w/probe to measure and a another one that digital but no probe. They both get about the same readings (probe is usually 1-2 higher then w/o probe).

The light is some generic brand UVB from Uncle Bill's Pet Store (he already tore the box up and threw it away >.>). He was fine the day before without it and now this happens when my brother put it on today. I went ahead and turned it off. I do remember it saying Desert UVB Bulb on the box though. The box was yellow/orange color and had a Beardie on it. Other than that I cant tell ya much more. Ill see if I can find it online.

Off Topic: He ate his veggies today and is in shed atm :D

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Well, no impaction is a good thing !
As for that mysterious bulb, you did exactly right, turn it off until you can get a reliable tube like the ReptiSun 10.0.

Normally when you see shells of feeders, the basking isn't high enough. Yours does seem to be a bit high, maybe lowering the temps just a tad will do? I wonder if your dragon is avoiding the hottest basking spot, and it isn't quite warm enough for digestion ?

Hope this helps out !
Janie.

Shiro

Original Poster
Thats probably what it is. He was abvoiding the main basking area a bit when I went to take him out to run around. Ill raise the light a bit and see what happens.

Shiro

Original Poster
My mom made him a basking platform because the temps before were only reaching 98. Im thinking she made it too tall hehe. I ditched the platform and put in a small stick. The temp is 102. He is now directly under the light :D

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Actually anything below 105*-110* should be okay. Mine are actually getting up to 109* right now (and it's only May- I think I'll have to get a lower watt for summer months). Just curious, what part of IN are you in. I'm on the IN-KY border.

Shiro

Original Poster
Shelby, lil SE of Indy I believe. My grandma lives in KY. Takes about 45-60mins to get there lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom