Impacted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

laydonsmom

Original Poster
I want to thank everyone very much for your words of advice. When we all woke up on Saturday morning, things had gone so far down hill I couldn't believe it. I took her to the vet and after assessing her for a few moments, it was decided that the best thing to do at that point was to end her suffering. He could not for the life of him figure out how she could have gone to perfectly normal lizard to beyond help in less than 24 hours. He thought it more likely that I got a bad batch of worms. Either way, she could not be saved. That particular vet has gotten together with the local pet cemetary and she will be cremated with other animals and the ashes scattered on the cemetary grounds. I couldn't think of a nicer end for sweet girl. Thank you again for all of your help.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
I'm sorry you lost your little one

Its such a shame you where told to keep her on the sand,

Shes over the rainbow bridge now and no longer suffering

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
laydonsmom":1e96fhmf said:
I want to thank everyone very much for your words of advice. When we all woke up on Saturday morning, things had gone so far down hill I couldn't believe it. I took her to the vet and after assessing her for a few moments, it was decided that the best thing to do at that point was to end her suffering. He could not for the life of him figure out how she could have gone to perfectly normal lizard to beyond help in less than 24 hours. He thought it more likely that I got a bad batch of worms. Either way, she could not be saved. That particular vet has gotten together with the local pet cemetary and she will be cremated with other animals and the ashes scattered on the cemetary grounds. I couldn't think of a nicer end for sweet girl. Thank you again for all of your help.

I'm sorry but I dont agree here

I'm almost positive it was the sand, Little licks here and there would have built up over time and finally one last lick, or one super finally just backed her up with all the sand and she sadly bit the dust..

Again sorry for your loss

mellu

Juvie Member
I agree with kistune. I'm so sorry you lost your baby, I wish something could have been done to help at the vet. I'm so sorry :(. If you ever have another baby, avoid the sand, at all costs.

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
OP...I am so sorry for your loss. At least she is no longer in pain. :(

Greathouse....please let us know when you will carry the rep tiles....I am very interested in getting these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom