Impacted? Or just slow pooper? Also eye shed or boogers??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, long topic. Okay so Dart is I wanna say probably 5 months or older. He’s in a 10 gallon and I’m on the way to saving up enough for a bigger one. I use a Reptisun UVB 10 v and his basket lamp is 75 Watts. I don’t actually have a thermometer. I feed him crickets every day and veggies every other day also w crickets.
Now for the problem, I haven’t noticed any new poop! Some white poop but no brown poop ! He seems to be moving, eating and being cute still, not to worry some behavior. I just don’t want him to be impacted or constipated. Please someone, tell me how to get my baby to poop! Lol.
Also, his eyes. They used to be so bad they would crust shut but I bought him some eye drops and it cleared. There is like clear boogers that form in his eyes but sometimes they dry and almost look like his skin. I check him every day for more and it hasn’t gotten worse, it’s gotten better actually but sometimes he still wakes up from naps or sleeping with the eye boogies!! He also bulged his eyes only once (that I saw) so I thought maybe it was just shed? He’s shed his whole tail and arms/legs. Not really his body or head yet. Maybe giving him more calcium will help with this?? Please leave anything you think might be helpful I really love my beardie

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Well, unless you're using sand or almost any other loose particle substrate, it's not substrate that could be an issue. Unless you feed him hard shelled worms like supers or mealies(which mealworms should be rare and superworms have to be micro and still not be used as a staple for growing dragons), it's not food either. In all honesty, if he is pooping consistently(like every other day or every couple days) and doesn't show any changes in behavior, he's just fine. While babies and juveniles should be pooping consistently, adults can poop like once a week or once or twice every two weeks(though if they don't poop after around 2 weeks, that's not good) so don't be worried when your beardy grows up and only poops every now and then. Also, bumping up the calcium I don't think would help, but I could be wrong. As long as you're giving calcium 5 times a week and multivitamin 2 times a week at baby stages, then that's okay. At juvenile stage, reducing the calcium and multivitamin dusting is also okay. By the time a beardy reaches adulthood, contrary to the beautiful dragons dusting schedule, it only needs calcium 2 or three times a week and multivitamin 1-2 a week.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Are you using a coil or compact uvb light? Also a ten gallon tank is way to small. I know you said you are saving for a bigger tank, but you can put him in a tote until you get him something better. Also you must get a thermometer!!!! A temp gun or a digital with a wire probe so you know the temps on the basking spot. You can be cooking him and not know it. I use a 75 watt for a 40 gallon and its around 100 to 105. So I can imagine how hot he is. I would drop some water on his nose so he doesn't get dehydrated.

Kristen2018

Original Poster
destiny1998":13s5ptjn said:
Hi. Are you using a coil or compact uvb light? Also a ten gallon tank is way to small. I know you said you are saving for a bigger tank, but you can put him in a tote until you get him something better. Also you must get a thermometer!!!! A temp gun or a digital with a wire probe so you know the temps on the basking spot. You can be cooking him and not know it. I use a 75 watt for a 40 gallon and its around 100 to 105. So I can imagine how hot he is. I would drop some water on his nose so he doesn't get dehydrated.

Hey there. Thanks for the reply, but what do you mean by tote? And I think it’s compact because it’s not those coil ones like a regular light bulb. And yeah I plan on going and complaining a lot to petsmart for receiving so much false info. I’m definitely buying him a new tank. Ugh I cannot honestly believe how much false info I received

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Destiny is referring to a large plastic bin like the ones you see at Walmart. Compacts by say Exo Terra, while not preferred over tubes, do perform sufficiently, I'm not sure about zoo Meds brand though. Side note : if you go with a tube, avoid Exo Terra's tube(I know, I just said it was a good brand to get a compact, brands like Exo Terra and zoo med are good with some items and crap with others, Exo Terra is good for compacts and zoo med is good for tube UVB) If you plan to buy anything, in Amazon, you can get an add on temp gun for $7. Otherwise, there are some good brands that are relatively cheap as well. Back to the tube uvb answer, go with a repti sun t5 10.0 or an Arcadia 12-14%.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Kristen2018":6e63v11n said:
destiny1998":6e63v11n said:

Hey there. Thanks for the reply, but what do you mean by tote? And I think it’s compact because it’s not those coil ones like a regular light bulb. And yeah I plan on going and complaining a lot to petsmart for receiving so much false info. I’m definitely buying him a new tank. Ugh I cannot honestly believe how much false info I received

These are what I use as rearing tubs for my skinks and dragons :
https://www.bunnings.com.au/all-set-120l-plastic-storage-container_p2583852
and
https://www.bunnings.com.au/all-set-149l-storage-container-with-lid_p2583377

and I set them up like this viewtopic.php?f=34&t=233480

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom