I'm sick of her hiding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
but there was nothing there on the first place?..
but it was kinda odd when the vet said it looks like parasites, then it came back clear..
and it said there was nothing wrong at all....
and surly her poop cant just be smelly for no reason?
but yeah it might be best to take her to the vets.. :|

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Livey":1jznyaw8 said:
but there was nothing there on the first place?..
but it was kinda odd when the vet said it looks like parasites, then it came back clear..
and it said there was nothing wrong at all....
and surly her poop cant just be smelly for no reason?
but yeah it might be best to take her to the vets.. :|

Perhaps even try a different vet?

Ask your vet about Baytril side effects. I work with monkeys, have been for 11+yrs, and we give yougurt as a treat when giving Baytril due to the fact a side effect with the primates is yeast infection. When one of my dogs was on Baytril my vet approved a small treat of yogurt to help with possible upset stomach and yeast infection.

I ONLY say this because it's a personal thought that maybe Baytril has a side effect with dragons. I'm NOT a vet, just work with the drug Baytril.

*edited*
I had cat instead of dog, baytril can cause retinal toxicity in cats. Had a cat on rocephin and that has some same side effects.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Hmmm... baytril isnt a parasite med, Olivia. Its an antibiotic. If your vet was giving meds for parasites it really should not have been baytril!! If she was given baytril, did you give her some probiotics or soy yoghurt to help rebuild her gut flora? These little things could be making her feel under the weather!!

Fecals can come back with a false negative. Kazi had 2 come back clear. Then less than a month later one came back with evidence of a tapeworm and 2 weeks after that, another fecal (which I sent off myself) came back showing pinworms. Also, you could collect 2 - 3 poops in the same pot for your vet - that way there is a higher chance of accurate results - parasites will not always be shed in every poop - my vet suggested that whenever possible, I should try to have 2 - 3 stools in the one sample pot!

Just for reference www.palsvetlab.co.uk will do fecal tests for the public - they send out the pots and forms then you can pay them over the phone with a credit card - just incase you arent happy with the vets tests.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Oppss mistake there , the vet did give me antibiotic for her, i dont really no what for but...
Is there anything i can do now to make her feel better?
I mean im assuming its diffrent in every dragon becuase tiny was on it too...
But im deffo gunna get her another fecal exam done.
thanks everyone :)

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
i think im going to go with the website one....
but after visting the website i was VERY confused..
Which one am i suppose to be sending off for?
IBD (Inclusion Body Disease)
IBD Definitive
PMV Serology
PMV PCR
Reptile Haematology (Full Blood Count) (
Reptile Profile 1
Reptile Profile 2
Chelonian Screen
.... :shock: :shock:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Olivia, if you email them, they will send you out all the info and details of what tests you can go for, specific to reptiles. I dont have my price list handy and I know the one on the website is confusing but if you email them and ask them to send you out all you need for reptile fecal then you will have a better idea of whats going on!! They range from about £10 up to about £40. You have to fill your email address in on the back of the form so that they can send you the results - make sure you do this or you wont get the results! Just be careful that the vet doesnt get offended that you are having a fecal done by someone else. My vet was a little defensive about it but he got over it pretty quickly!!

Even tho, you gave her the antibiotic a while back, get her some soy yoghurt just to help settle her tummy. Just a tip - both of mine love the alpro soya forest fruits!

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I'm not telling the vet lol...
I'm definitely going to get some soya yoghurt!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Great that your getting the soya.

One thing tho - if she does have parasites, you will probably need a vet to get the meds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom