i'm scared of my dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nattyklis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
morphmom":2jee3gld said:
Ok! I have new info! :D Myah bit me today! :shock: LOL! It was my fault. I'm training her to eat from my hand. (trust exercise. :wink: ) Well, she was so excited to get her squash and raspberries that she latched on to my finger. Hard! LOL! She ruffed up a few layers of skin and there was a tiny drop of blood but I can honestly say it wasn't bad at all. I even continued the hand feeding.The pain was about the same as plucking your eyebrows! :lol: I kinna felt bad for her. She looked up at me all wide eyed like 'mom! I don't know how this got in my mouth! :shock: ) So, I can now say I know what it feels like. We'll continue the hand feeding, it was very obvious that it was an oopsy.

Well at least it was an accident. Kasai still isn't eatin out of my hands but he seems more comfortable chasing the crickets. I would say you handled it very well. Didn't let it bother you.

Nattyklis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
morphmom":2tuyftrg said:
Ok! I have new info! :D Myah bit me today! :shock: LOL! It was my fault. I'm training her to eat from my hand. (trust exercise. :wink: ) Well, she was so excited to get her squash and raspberries that she latched on to my finger. Hard! LOL! She ruffed up a few layers of skin and there was a tiny drop of blood but I can honestly say it wasn't bad at all. I even continued the hand feeding.The pain was about the same as plucking your eyebrows! :lol: I kinna felt bad for her. She looked up at me all wide eyed like 'mom! I don't know how this got in my mouth! :shock: ) So, I can now say I know what it feels like. We'll continue the hand feeding, it was very obvious that it was an oopsy.

I thought I reply'd to this apperently not. At least you handled it very well. Just kept going knowing it was an accident. Kasai still won't eat out of my hands but he's sick today so he's jumpy and running away when tongs or my hands are in the tank.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Thank you. I know Myah very well. I know she meant no harm. Squash was not the best idea! LOL! I'll use her leafy veggies next time. Now, I honestly think trinity040400 was trying to relate to you through humor. Not too many honest to goodness 'mean/rude' people here. It's tuff when all you say is in type. You can't hear how it's meant to be. Just an opinion. :wink:

Nattyklis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Very true. You don't really know the context it was said in but really, laughing at me because I am scared for "something so small" just seems really rude

morphmom

BD.org Addict
I understand. I've had my posts taken the wrong way and, well, it sucks :cry: She was laughing, but she let you know she was once afraid too. It was a bold post for sure. But, then I've made a few bold remarks and I think i'm just VERY lucky they came across ok. Anyway, I'm just glad you and your baby are bonding. Good for you for never giving up :wink:

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Nattyklis":9avkw9k3 said:
That's rude. Im quite offended. You laugh at me when you were scared of your first one to. Thought this was for people to help and want help not to laugh at people

It was a joke. :dontknow:

mischa

Juvie Member
One day if not already lol, your gonna look at that beardie just like it were your very own child! They grow on you alot and people think were crazy, because it's "just a lizard" but that's no ordinary lizard, that baby is going to bring you some of the most joyous and amazing memories! :D Nothing to be scared of, but lots to love!

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
I think the past poster was just kidding when he/she was laughing. Like I have been there we can laugh about it together. It is kind of silly that people are afraid of beardies they are so docile since we all have a love for these dragons we can laugh at the silly things together. Once I took Lincoln to a park and this guy totally freaked he was laughing and thought it was so cool but only touch him with one finger even after my son picked him up. Lol I was pretty timid when first picking Lincoln up and you should have seen me dealing with crickets!! That could have been an hour long comedy act! 8) I really don't think anyone was trying to offend. :mrgreen:

On a side note your dragon is so stinking cute!!! I haven't had a baby and I just melt when I see them!!! (I got mine when he was 12months)

morphmom

BD.org Addict
EccentricME":17xibqix said:
you should have seen me dealing with crickets!! That could have been an hour long comedy act!
LOL! Me too! The super worms looked like tiny little brain suckers to me! I kept thinking they'd escape and I'd wake up covered in the tiny little monsters! :shock: Every bug that Myah gets is fed to her with tweezers! LOL! :lol:

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
I know more than a few people who are very scared of my bearded dragons to the point that I could not even bring them in the smae room. They may seem cute to us but to other ,not the original op, they are disgusting. I can see how the OP was offended I think it was the way it was worded. I think it is sometimes things don't come across online the way we intended. Sometimes it is so hard to convey tone of voice over the internet.

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
morphmom":w5dk0lll said:
EccentricME":w5dk0lll said:
you should have seen me dealing with crickets!! That could have been an hour long comedy act!
LOL! Me too! The super worms looked like tiny little brain suckers to me! I kept thinking they'd escape and I'd wake up covered in the tiny little monsters! :shock: Every bug that Myah gets is fed to her with tweezers! LOL! :lol:

I don't do the tweezers but I have some pretty fancy moves with plastic-ware!

Tone is hard to read over the internet, unless you know someone personally. You guys would never think I was just kidding if I were calling you names and swearing all the time, (I get name called back....its fun I swear) but In real life that's what I do. I am quiet the angel on here. :wink:

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
P.S.
OP glad your getting used to your dragon, soon enough you will be toting him around in the car to get natural sun, to the pet store to get more crickets ect. We have a harness for Lincoln and when we are out his nick name is Linky Puppy Poo (yes, I am a nerd) 8) It is fun to bring him places, I do a lot of educating when we are out and I really don't think Lincoln minds at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom