im pretty aure im bearded dragon is dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Please don't flip him onto his back. He cannot breathe on his back. Can you get to a vet? Have you tried cleaning the eye with saline solution?? You can order Terramycin at www.beardeddragon.co if its infected.

Maybe try to PM a moderator. I'd suggest Tracie (Drache613) or Diane (diamc) and ask for their input!

Good luck. Keep us updated!

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
http://www.petmountain.com has the proper Reptisun 10.0 TUBES you need and are half the price you will find at any store. Also, check http://www.beardeddragon.co and again PM a moderator to treat any noticeable wounds. They're very knowledgable and can help you.

Glad they are separated but you need to focus on the injured one and treat that one immediately as best you can. Keep temps around 80 overnight. Get the proper lights and temps.

Sorry for back to back posts. I just feel so sad for you and your hurting baby.

Again, good luck. My thoughts are with you!

Edited: (have you tried a warm soak?)

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
jon0965":lm59i3bx said:
he's doing worst he won't eat he won't open his eyes he has a big cage for ihis own with the correct lighting and everything he barely moves and he trips when he walks and nothing changed when I hold him he bearly react and when I flipped him over he stays on his back and didn't go backup on his tummy I noticed his breathing is very slow

do you think it's time to say goodbye?

:(

No money for vet.

Why did you flip him on his back? That's detrimental for his health, as they have no way of breathing on their back.

He probably has problems from inadequate UVB...and from the bigger beardie beating him up before you separated them.

Only thing I can suggest is to wait it out and see what happens. Especially since you have no money for a vet....

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
^^^^Agreed but still...treating what wounds you can will only help. Can't cause more harm at this point. Still strongly urging you to reach out to others as I mentioned before.

It's never time to say "goodbye" until you have exhausted all options which, in my personal opinion...you have not.

Please take the suggestions to heart and do all you can.

Thinking of you still ((hugs))

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Just watched that video. Why are you poking and prodding, allowing him to jump from your hand??? Please. Warm him up, hydrate him. Stop messing with him like that. You don't want to cause anymore harm :(

jon0965

Original Poster
Making me feel like a abuse him.. I dont mean too.. just wann show u guys the situation is bad. And I need any advice posible.. I care for him..

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Are you suggesting that we aren't advising you? So far I've seen each post giving suggestions. I, personally have given you contacts to reach out to immediately. There are people who know more than us on this forum. The two I've advised you to contact are amazing to get advice from.

I'm advising you to contact one or both moderators I gave the names of. I've also seen a vet mentioned, to let him be, hydrate him, keep him warm (don't let overnight temp get below 80 if possible), when is the last time your baby had a good 20 minute warm soak?

Have you rinsed the eye with the saline solution? Cleaned it at all? Attempted to treat any other visible signs of injury?

Neosporin (without pain reliever) is a good start. Rinsing his eye is good. You can apply warm to the touch, rung out chamomile tea bags to sooth eye pain and reduce swelling if there is any.

WE are trying to help you NOT accuse you of abuse. Just asking that you take these suggestions...if that isn't trying to help then I'm lost here.

Clearly you are desperate and love him dearly, so please...do what is being suggested and what is necessary.

No one thinks you're abusing him or neglecting him. We ONLY want to help as you've asked of us.

Please continue to update us on his progress.

Thinking of you both <3

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just read your private message and what you posted here. Are you sure that the little beardie has died?

I think it is/was a combination of things. The UVB light isn't a good one and I'm not sure what the substrate is but it's not safe to use a loose substrate like that because if it is ingested, it will kill them.

Are you using an infrared temperature gun to check the temps OR the round gauge that I saw inside the tank on the side of the glass. If using a temp gun, what distance are you holding it from the area you're checking?

I'm not gonna ask anymore questions right now until we hear back from you. If the baby did pass over, I'm VERY sorry. Would be a good idea to make some changes in the tank that you have the other beardie in so that it continues to do well.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry. :( You'll have to find a special place to bury him.

How long did you have him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom