Im not too sure if my beardie is pregant or not please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My female beardie is 2 years(thats what we got told) and we arent too sure is she is preganant or not she keep trying to mate with our male he tries but doesnt know what to do her stomach has grown and is quite large however when we feel for eggs we cannot feel anything.
101846-6552491234.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She may be, but they usually get much bigger than that. It could be that the eggs have just begun to develop or it could be that the mating has not been successful.

BTW, just curious about why you want to breed them ? There are LOADS of unwanted dragons out there and have been for years now. I can tell you [ because I raised them before ] that it costs a ton of money, no exaggeration. At one point your insect bill can become your highest monthly bill. Then if the babies are housed together , which most are at some point , 4-6 to a bin, they can bite one another simply because they are voracious eaters and will not hesitate to try to eat a sibling's foot or tail. When you see mangled feet or short tails on a b.d. in a pet store, that's what happened. And the lighting is expensive, which you'll need for every tank.

So I'd strongly advise against breeding them, just my opinion.

Beardiediscovery

Original Poster
We arent trying to breed them they were housed together and got told to keep them together as they were a pair and we have spoken to a reptile professional and she said they are fine to be kept together just to keep and eye on them

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Beardiediscovery":34tqztir said:
We arent trying to breed them they were housed together and got told to keep them together as they were a pair and we have spoken to a reptile professional and she said they are fine to be kept together just to keep and eye on them
Your so called professional's cheese has slid off of his cracker. Bad advise from so called professionals has killed a lot of dragons.
My advice would be to separate them ASAP as, only bad things can happen from this point.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Beardiediscovery":2hu26k0x said:

"Reptile professional" is a nice title for someone who is totally clueless ( I suppose that someone was employed in a petshop and was about 17 yr old ).

The pair need to be separated IMMEDIATELY …. long and the short of it is housing them in a confined space is going end bloodily and with one or both dead.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Beardiediscovery":36861yoj said:
They have been housed together since they were little (from what we got told) and we havent had any problems.
These people didn't have any issues for two years either but, one of them snapped and, this happened!!!
87978-2240671511.jpg
87978-4293498728.jpg

Are you willing to risk this, not me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom