I'm new he's an old timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

archeobella

Hi, I'm baby sitting a dear friend's 10 year old bearded dragon. Del Dragon is his name. The thing is I've read that the water container in his tank should be large enough for him to climb into and it definetely is not that. Ive seen him drinking and stuff and like I said he's old so he's doing something right. But should I be "spritzing" him with water? Will he like that you think? I mean I don't believe she was doing that for him so should I start it now...well...I actually just did because he's shedding so I thought it might make him more comfortable...I don't know can you tell I'm just in love with him and really don't want to do anything wrong while he is in my care...

Anyone have any suggestions or words of encouragement?

Thanks.

BlackMagic

Juvie Member
He shouldn't really have water in his tank because it can get all kinds of bacteria growing in it. Also when you mist him, be sure to do it out of his tank so that his tank doesn't get too humid, don't want him to get a resperatory infection!

archeobella

Original Poster
Thank you so much! The pet store has something like vitamin water or special water of some kind ( I can't remember exactly right now) to mist with do you recommend I use that or is bottled water ok?

Thanks for your help!
Tiff

archeobella

Original Poster
Thanks again so much for your help. You are wonderful! I always considered myself more of a warm fuzzy mammal kind of person but I just love this guy! I'm going to be really sad when my friend returns to claim him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom