I'm looking for opinions. should it stay or should it go?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Great now I've got that friggen song stuck in my head BAH!!!
Ok so I'm down to sealing my castel then it's finished, but I'm not sure if I'm digging the sphagnum moss. I'll post a pic with and without. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Also is the lighter green to bright in the moss? If so i can darken it.

Attachments

• 20231001_162909.jpg
    20231001_162909.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 20231001_164032_01.jpg
    20231001_164032_01.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 55

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Great now I've got that friggen song stuck in my head BAH!!!
Ok so I'm down to sealing my castel then it's finished, but I'm not sure if I'm digging the sphagnum moss. I'll post a pic with and without. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Also is the lighter green to bright in the moss? If so i can darken it.
I think you could make the sphagnum moss look pretty cool on that build, you could try and drape it more in tendrils so it looks like vines. Some moss by the entrance might be cool as well. Totally up to you though.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
The problem i was running into was that it breaks apart if i try to stretch it to much. Maybe if i wet it first and let it dry stretched out 🤔

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I think I'll try it.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
The problem i was running into was that it breaks apart if i try to stretch it to much. Maybe if i wet it first and let it dry stretched out 🤔
I don't think you should use moss if it really breaks apart.
Perhaps Sinatra will want to eat these "interesting" pieces.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Agreed, a darker green would look probably cooler. J4ckdaw-s idea sounds promising but if it doesn't work out, it looks pretty amazing without the moss!
Is Sinatra one that tries to eat everything? Mine would eat the moss for sure and if he doesn't like the taste he would just destroy it for fun ;)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I don't think you should use moss if it really breaks apart.
Perhaps Sinatra will want to eat these "interesting" pieces.
Sphagnum moss isn't toxic, but it is acidic so i doubt he would eat much of it lol. Then again a hella of alot of post here are because beardies eat stuff we didn't think they would 🤔

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Agreed, a darker green would look probably cooler. J4ckdaw-s idea sounds promising but if it doesn't work out, it looks pretty amazing without the moss!
Is Sinatra one that tries to eat everything? Mine would eat the moss for sure and if he doesn't like the taste he would just destroy it for fun ;)
Sinatra is the habitat destroyer Supreme lol. I have to put his back together every day

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I have no clue but it's cute! I was going to tag @J4ckdaw-lol
See I would leave it plain and put their name across the front. No they can't read (yet) but then others can see it and know who they are visiting. It would help me too lol I am always confusing the names.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thank you 😊
I'm actually going to start over.
It fits ok in his habitat but the footprint is pretty big, I've had him in that habitat long enough now to see he uses every bit of the room. So I'm going to make another one that is smaller.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom