I'm interested in breeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
I am getting a Beardie this Christmas and I was wondering about future breeding possibilities.

How easy is breeding BDs compared to breeding other herps?

Are normals still all that popular, or should I work with morphs?

If anyone has experiance with breeding other herps, which would be easiest and most fun for a beginning breeder such as myself: Ball Pythons, BDs, Crested Geckos, or White's Tree Frogs?

If anyone has experiance with breeding other herps, which would be easiest and most fun for a beginning breeder such as myself: Ball Pythons, BDs, Crested Geckos, or White's Tree Frogs?

I have bred Crested geckos and they are very easy. All I had to do was remove the eggs and wait. Room temp is great for them so no incubater is needed. I would think of that list white's tree frogs would be the hardest. Also with cresteds you are not overwelmed with babies, the females lay 2 eggs every 30ish days.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
If you start now with baby beardies it takes at least a year and a half to two years to hatch your first babies.
Unless you buy older females.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom