Im at a lost

doommig

Original Poster
Alright so my bearded dragon has been lethargic for the past 3 months . She is a juvenile, about 7-8 months and has been completely in her hide these past 2 months. The first month, she'd hide and come out to Bask for a couples hours then back into her hide. Took her to the vet and negative on parasite and impaction, well she did have parasites but they're gone now, and she was impacted but that's solved too. My lighting is ok as I've posted my setup and people said it looks good. Well I'm going a vacation in a week and looks like I'm going to be taking her cause I'm the only one that knows how to take care of her in this State, what should I do , is she sick , this seems not normal to be going on for 3 months. Oh ya and her weight has been stable the past week.

Last edited:

doommig

Original Poster
Here's the setup.

Basking spot is about 100 degrees. 90 degrees ambient temperature on the basking side. Cool side is 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

Uvb tube reptisun 10.0 T5 HO with reflector is about 12 1/2 inches from basking spot ( The temple thing in the middle) on top of fine mesh! And the closest she can get to the uvb light is about 7 inches where her cave is.

Attachments

• PXL_20220722_230220315.jpg
    PXL_20220722_230220315.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20220729_151600331.jpg
    PXL_20220729_151600331.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 76

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Here's the setup.

Basking spot is about 100 degrees. 90 degrees ambient temperature on the basking side. Cool side is 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

Uvb tube reptisun 10.0 T5 HO with reflector is about 12 1/2 inches from basking spot ( The temple thing in the middle) on top of fine mesh! And the closest she can get to the uvb light is about 7 inches where her cave is.
You need to get the uvb directly above her from the pic it looks like she cannot get underneath it - distance 8-10 inches

doommig

Original Poster
It should does she go there to bask? That's the main thing
No she never even gets out of her cave period. Like she stays in there all day , the only time she bask is when I take her outside physically or I physically move her to the basking spot in the enclosure. And even then she stays there for 10 mins max, it's like she brumating but she's been doing this for a while. Also when I feed her she'll eat but then she goes back in her cave without digesting it, so I take her outside to warm up for about 30 mins to digest what she just ate.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No she never even gets out of her cave period. Like she stays in there all day , the only time she bask is when I take her outside physically or I physically move her to the basking spot in the enclosure. And even then she stays there for 10 mins max, it's like she brumating but she's been doing this for a while. Also when I feed her she'll eat but then she goes back in her cave without digesting it, so I take her outside to warm up for about 30 mins to digest what she just ate.
Is she pooping? Are the bugs coming out digested?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've previously reviewed your setup and I think everything is OK there. It's a good sign that she is eating and her weight is remaining stable. In this case I'd probably just keep tracking her weight and see if her energy level bounces back eventually unless her weight starts to drop significantly.

doommig

Original Poster
I am at a loss too- she's getting the digestion going by you taking her outside- maybe that's why she's not basking cuz she's getting enough out there-- gonna have some one else look at your post
@AHBD
@Drache613
@CooperDragon
So after measuring the top part of the cave to the uvb light AGAIN, the closest she can get to the uvb is 8 and half inches, while the lowest she can get to the uvb light is about 15 inches ( which is at the very bottom of the cave. And the basking spot is 13 and a half to the uvb light running diagonal. I'm asking again because the measurements I ran were a little inaccurate. Is this distance ok, will she get good uvb exposure?

Attachments

• PXL_20220730_153031838.jpg
    PXL_20220730_153031838.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 63
  • PXL_20220730_153024174.jpg
    PXL_20220730_153024174.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So after measuring the top part of the cave to the uvb light AGAIN, the closest she can get to the uvb is 8 and half inches, while the lowest she can get to the uvb light is about 15 inches ( which is at the very bottom of the cave. And the basking spot is 13 and a half to the uvb light running diagonal. I'm asking again because the measurements I ran were a little inaccurate. Is this distance ok, will she get good uvb exposure?
What do her poops look like? Are they good? Yes the measurements are good - as long as she has that variable - the 15 is going to be too far away w/ it on the screen but the 8 1/2 is good - its what you want - what does she do when shes outside?

doommig

Original Poster
What do her poops look like? Are they good? Yes the measurements are good - as long as she has that variable - the 15 is going to be too far away w/ it on the screen but the 8 1/2 is good - its what you want - what does she do when shes outside?
She actually just pooped about an hour ago in the bath and they looked fine nothing out of the ordinary, and she doesn't really do anything she just kinda stays basking a one spot, and after a while she'll jump from my shoulder to the back of the pool chair and stay there.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom