I'm always paranoid about this dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
108322-1917415578.jpg
108322-9426567005.jpg
108322-1893128646.jpg
108322-4141566926.jpg

I'm always paranoid about this dragon! Of course , today she is actually out and basking (as opposed to yesterday she was hiding and I always get worried!)

So I just wanted to take some updated pics of her house. Yes, I have two UVB bulbs because sometimes she hangs out on her rock/hammock on the warm side and sometimes she chills in the right side (cooler side) and I just want to make sure she is getting enough. Heat lamp is 250 watts, those other two bulbs to the right are ceramic heat emitters for night time when it gets cooler.

I believe my UVB lights are the Zilla Desert 50 uvb T8.
I know I'm not supposed to have stick on thermometers as they aren't accurate. We really only use them for the humidity measurement, as we live in SC and it's generally humid (we keep our place at 70 degrees, it's 105 here lol).

Under her heat lamp, on her rock, it gets about 95-100. Her cool side is around 80ish.

But we did change up her house; we flipped it landscape style as it used to be taller than it was wide and she didn't use the bottom half. So this way she has more floor space and a few hiding spots. She likes to hide under the logs.

I took her to the vet a few weeks ago and they said she looked good. My only issue that worries me (yes another thing) is she only goes to the bathroom once a week and sometimes it's runny. She is a ****head when it comes to eating veggies, only a few pieces every day and baby food from a syringe because she's lazy. Some days she doesn't even want her worms :( we skip a day of worms, but even when she does eat them it's only maybe 3-5 super worms each time. I just don't feel like her appetite is like other dragons :( a bath once a week, she comes out of her house a few times a week to hang out on the couch and watch out the window.

Also, I can't tell what it going on with her back. I can't tell if it's a shed that might start or what! It looks like a dark saddle
108322-4521941552.jpg
She doesn't have it in this pic (about 2months ago)
108322-4141566926.jpg

108322-1514512138.jpg

Any advice would be nice. I just want my Kush monster to feel comfy and at home.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The T8's should be 6-8 inches from her basking decor piece and would recommend changing your Zilla bulb out for a Reptisun 10.0 - other than that it looks good - she is most likely going to shed - some others on here can take a look at her
Karrie

MangoKush1313

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1skqfxio said:
The T8's should be 6-8 inches from her basking decor piece and would recommend changing your Zilla bulb out for a Reptisun 10.0 - other than that it looks good - she is most likely going to shed - some others on here can take a look at her
Karrie

6-8 inches above her? Sorry this is my first rodeo!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes the T 8's need to be closer as they are not as strong so basking distance should be 6-8 inches w/ no clear plastic cover over the bulb-- it needs to be exposed- also bulb needs to be changed out in 6 months
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom