I'm actually confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boy has been growing by leaps and bounds. I thought he was closer to 11-12 inches, thus the post this morning. I finally got him to be calm enough to get a more accurate measurement. He's right on 13 inches. From the sizing chart/age thing that makes him 7-8 months old. Is that right? (Tip of nose to end of tail length)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Well not really... I'd say more closer to 5-7 months, my two adults were 12-13 inches and 15 inches at 6 months of age, while my youngest beardie was 13 inches at 5 months of age.
However if you post a picture of the beardie I can help more as bone structure somewhat differs in age.

Of course there have been cases of beardies above 5 years of age only being 13 inches long because of incorrect care.

dragonlady79

Original Poster
full

full

full

Just snapped these...lazy boy.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I'm gonna take a guess and say if he was about 8.5 inches when you first got him he was about 2-4 months then... probably more closer to 3-4 months rather than 2 months.

dezismom

Juvie Member
Dragonlady, you have a beautiful dragon! He looks healthy and happy, and loved. :)

As to size, they grow at very different rates, will slow down a while, then grow more. Other dragons may be bigger (or smaller) at a given age, but then yours will catch up, later...This makes guessing age by size pretty challenging, at best. From the looks of yours, you have nothing to worry about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom