I'm A Watch Beardie -- Hear Me Roar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow! I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to calm Pookie down. He was black all the way down to his vent!

Pookie had been sitting in front of the window all afternoon, and suddenly, he went all stiff, cocked his head and took a flying leap at the screen. Thinking something scared him and he went the wrong way off of the couch, I ran over as fast as I could to rescue my baby. Well, instead of seeing a frightened beardie, I saw something I never thought I would -- Pookie was headbobbing! His beard was completely jet black and he kept banging his head on the screen (which gave him a small nik on his chin) and was trying to go through it. I had no idea he could ever be that upset over something. I looked in the yard and the street and didn't see anything, but then I leaned forward to look closer to the side of the house and then I saw my resident groundhog. A GROUNDHOG! Pookie wanted to attack a groundhog!

His beard and belly are still black, and he's still standing at alert.

Uh oh, my baby is going through the terrible two's!

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

Big bad Pookie pants gonna get the groundhog!

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Teehee! I bet that groundhog woulda backed off quick, Gina.... :roll:

The crazy things our babies do, right?! :lol:

-- Jacqui

Cholla

Omg, what a good boy to try to protect you from the big nasty groundhog! I guess you don't have to worry about getting any mice in your house, huh? Pookie bear would beat them down! :p

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It's been over an hour and a half and Pookie's STILL at alert in front of the window. He even bobbed at the birds!

At least his black beard/belly finally went away. God, that was scary to see.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Aww, he was protecting you! How sweet. :love5:

I've often seen the resident beardies at the zoo here headbob at their neighbours, the wallabies. I have to laugh - the beardies are sooo angry, and the wallabies don't even notice. :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
The whole thing was so odd. Pookie had never paid any attention to the birds, squirrels, or cats running amuk. Wonder why the groundhog was so threatening :dontknow:. Even Zim doesn't react to it.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Must be spring, Gina! But don't you feel so much safer?

I know with Nero standing guard in my house I don't have to worry about being attacked by evil dust bunnies or thermometers :twisted:

Boys :roll:

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Neromom39":54d25 said:
Must be spring, Gina! But don't you feel so much safer?

I know with Nero standing guard in my house I don't have to worry about being attacked by evil dust bunnies or thermometers :twisted:

Boys :roll:

hehe.

Brutus feaked out this weekend when a particularly loud airplane flew overhead. Poor guy. I have scratches all over my arm cuz I couldn't keep him still!

Goonie":54d25 said:
The whole thing was so odd. Pookie had never paid any attention to the birds, squirrels, or cats running amuk. Wonder why the groundhog was so threatening :dontknow:. Even Zim doesn't react to it.

Don't you know how evil those groundhogs are?! How can Pookie take over the world with Tatsu's army if those darn groundhogs beat them to it?! :lol:

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
*giggles* Orion just started his Guard lately too ! I had just put him back into his new home, when the street cleaner can by , and ohhhh you guessed it ! He went Pitch Black, bobbed like crazy, and stress lines everywhere !
I had to give him a second bath to calm his little self down... I have to admit, that that street cleaner is frightening, but Orion will protect Mommy !
lol
Janie.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Oh lord! Pookie just jumped up on top of the couch and walked a couple of feet (his feet measurements) to the window (beyond the blinds/curtains) and started headbobbing! He barely saw anything!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I wish Pookie could talk, because I'm dying to know why he hates the groundhog so much.
Everytime he sits in front of the window, he's on the lookout for that bad ol' groundhog. A couple of times I would've sworn that he was seeing things, but after alot of searching and straining my eyes to see beyond my limits, I finally was able to see the fuzz ball hiding in the tall grass in the woods - far far away from HIS (Pookie) house.

Anybody know of a beardie psychologist??? :roll:

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Haha. That is so funny! I have a hard enough time finding a reptile vet, let alone a reptile psychologist. Good luck with that one! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom