ijust got a bearded dragon tonight and he wont go to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

namiman2008

i sneak in to check on him and he is still awake so i put him on my hand to hold him and then almost imeaditly(srry) he falls asleep he is very small and once hes on me he clings on to me (he is only 5 and half inches)and he is sheding

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
hello, and welcome to BD.org :D !

just turn all the lights off in his tank and the room hes in and make sure its quiet.

as long as the temps dont fall below 65 or so, you dont have to worry about providing night time heat.

some people do the beardie burrito; its where you wrap him loosely in a handtowell with just his head poking out and sit with him on your chest. its supposed to relax them and some say it sends their dragon right to sleep. you can just place him back in his tank wrapped loosely and he will crawl out if he is uncomfortable.

good luck with everything.

P.S. just curious what kind of setup is he in...

what size tank?

how many lights are over him?

what type of lights?

what kind of ground cover?

whats the temperatures on the hot and cool sides of the tank?

what are you using to measure the temps?

just trying to make sure you both start out on the right foot :wink: .

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Like negativecreep is saying the little guy isn't use to his new home yet. He obviously feels safe with you holding him(so sweet).
As jscott also said make sure all of his lights are off at night. Are you using a red heat light at night? The beardies have a hard time sleeping with those. They do sell ceramic heat emitters with no light(if that is the case).
Good Luck with your new baby!!!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hello & Welcome to BD.org! :D
And ..........
:blob8: Congratulations on your New Baby! :blob8:

Look forward to seeing some pic's of your new baby once he/she settles in. :wink:

Your already showing signs of a good beardie slave.........your worrying about your baby. :lol:

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
little guys shed quickly, but usually a full shed takes about a week... sometimes more. as long as he has the proper lighting heating and humidity, he should get through it just fine.

make sure you dont pull on the loose skin, if it doesnt come off dont try to make it; you can hurt them that way. if there is a loose piece, you can go ahead and pull it off otherwise just let it happen by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom