If you love them you can't go wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mim777

So I had to say goodbye to my beloved baby earlier this week.

I got to spend 13 years of my life with her since I was 8 years old. She went from primary school to university with me and was my constant companion. Making the decision to let her go was one of the hardest things I've had to do. But I knew it was the best call I could make for her.

I've used this website for making sure I was giving her the right food to figuring out that those red marks on her were really just pigment spots and she was okay.

I made mistakes as an owner, I can admit to that but sometimes instead of finding comfort here I felt criticized for them. Mixed facts and opinions made it hard for me to navigate and at times made me question if she really was happy, despite knowing her for over a decade.

I recognize this as a source of valuable and quick information, but I'd like to encourage everyone not to be so harsh on others, please don't make them feel like they're doing such a bad job. And if you're looking for advice know that while information on here is good you know what is best for your baby.

If you love your beardie, if you know that they're happy and are trying your best to give them the best life you can (even if it means making hard decisions) then you really can't go wrong.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry that must be so tough to be going through, especially since you two clearly had such a strong bond!

Mim777":1qf73qx6 said:
I made mistakes as an owner, I can admit to that but sometimes instead of finding comfort here I felt criticized for them. Mixed facts and opinions made it hard for me to navigate and at times made me question if she really was happy, despite knowing her for over a decade.

I'm really sorry you have felt this way. I know most people here genuinely care about dragons, and other peoples dragons, and want to have a happy fun community here. Some people lose sight of the fact that caring and compassion, and being a bit softer at times, is not only necessary, but appreciated. People come and go, and usually the truly nice caring ones are the ones who stick around and contribute to this community. The others are just passing through.. hopefully.

Mim777":1qf73qx6 said:
If you love your beardie, if you know that they're happy and are trying your best to give them the best life you can (even if it means making hard decisions) then you really can't go wrong.
Well said.

I hope that you find yourself another dragon one day. It's obvious how much you care, and we need more dragon owners like that.

-Brandon

stareddy1

So sorry about your loss. I agree with you. I got my first baby dragon in Feb.this year my poor little guy got so sick I wanted some info from this site and the way they replied I felt like I killed my little guy. They didn't ask any questions about where I got him or how long I had him or anything only about the lighting and my set up. I only had him for 2 months he died April this year he was a baby still. I took him to vet and they xrayed him when he got sick and said he had MBD real bad he could not eat very well I was using a dropper and vet was feeding him he he died 2 weeks later. The vet said he thinks he was sick when I bought him. But when I got on this site I felt so guilty. I am so sorry for your loss. I miss my little guy. I did get another little one so far all is well.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
So sorry about the lost of your beloved beardie. From your post, it definitely sounds like you loved her so so much and I'm sure it was reciprocated to the nth degree! I hope you get a beardie in the near future, as it seems like one can benefit from the love and care you have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom