Ideas to Stop Glass Dancing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonsAreBlue

Hatchling Member
Ever since I changed up Parthy's terrarium, she has been glass dancing for a while every day on one wall of the terrarium. I can see her reflection in it, so I'm assuming that's what she's going after. However, this glass wall has a suction cup on it for her hammock. A normal background won't work to cover it up (because of the suction cup), and I really don't want to just cut a hole out of something that could go on there.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can cover this wall so she can't see her reflection?

wulfie

Hatchling Member
you can just as easily put something on the outside of the glass, you can also put non-toxic window clings on the inside of the viv to try to help break up the reflections

MoonsAreBlue

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've tried putting something on the outside. She seems to be able to see her reflection better! And uh... what are window clings?

lizardman01262

MoonsAreBlue":1oxp6seu said:
Ever since I changed up Parthy's terrarium, she has been glass dancing for a while every day on one wall of the terrarium. I can see her reflection in it, so I'm assuming that's what she's going after. However, this glass wall has a suction cup on it for her hammock. A normal background won't work to cover it up (because of the suction cup), and I really don't want to just cut a hole out of something that could go on there.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can cover this wall so she can't see her reflection?

Just tape a small strip of cardboard or pieces of duct tape on the outside of the tank. Make it as tall as your bearded dragon so she sees a wall. That should stop it. If she still is you should look around to see what she's looking at. Mine does that when he sees the crocket keeper in the distance,

MoonsAreBlue

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She still sees her reflection when I put something on the outside. I had leftover reptile carpet that I taped to the outside and it didn't stop her at all. She seemed to see her reflection better (I know I could). She's in a corner so there's just a white wall behind that glass wall. I have a temporary fix right now, but I want something permanent that still looks good.

MoonsAreBlue

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
wulfie":d2soazoz said:
as I said, non-toxic window clings on the inside of the tank to break up the reflection

My last response was for lizardman01262. The window clings are definitely a good idea so long as I can find something that looks good, maybe plants or vines. I don't know if I can find any like that, so I'm still open to other ideas.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
You can also use plants that have suction cups on them to break up the reflections and it enhances the tank. Both of mine glass danced and nothing worked till I put up the plants on the wall inside their tanks.

MoonsAreBlue

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Tonja":1ud42en6 said:
You can also use plants that have suction cups on them to break up the reflections and it enhances the tank. Both of mine glass danced and nothing worked till I put up the plants on the wall inside their tanks.

That's a good suggestion too. I was considering getting plants in the future. Are there any you would recommend? The thing is, I covered the one wall and she started glass dancing on others, even part of the viewing wall. So now I need to at least cover the two short sides.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I got the long viney plants you can hang on the walls with suction cups, got mine at petsmart and petco fairly inexpensively. it breaks up the reflection and adds to the tank.

BBTrucker

my dragon has been glass dancing on his walls too, but his glass is plexy glass and its already scuffed up so theres no reflections for him to see himself, the only things ive noticed that stops glass dancing are as followed:

maybe he/she wants there cage cleaned.
maybe he/she has to much decor in cage and not enough room
lighting could be another possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom