IDEAL TEMP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyt0wn1

Can someone please let me know the ideal temp for my BD! She is in a 30 gal tank her average temp is 90-95 and at night it's 72-76. Is that good or should it be hotter? I added another light to her tank and she started opening her mouth to regulate her body temp. Is that a sign that it is too hot? She also has 2 small heat mats under her cage. (I know they don't take in heat from their belly but she loves that spot) Any Help? Thanks

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
She is attracted to the heat mats because the temps really aren't hot enough. They do regulate temps by gaping (opening their mouths), but it doesn't always mean its too hot. You should try to bump your basking spot temps up to about 105º. But, above all, how are you measuring your temps?
If you insist on using the UTHs, be very careful of them, there are some threads on here of the damage they can cause..

chyt0wn1

Original Poster
I have a flunkers thermometer and hydrometer. it is set up between the basking area and her shaded area. " If you insist on using the UTHs" I am so new with the lingo. I don't know what that means, sorry. I will try to take pictures and post them. But I can only use the computer at work. When I use two heat lights 75w I can bring her basking area up to 103. That would be better?

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
chyt0wn1":670f5 said:
I have a flunkers thermometer and hydrometer. it is set up between the basking area and her shaded area. " If you insist on using the UTHs" I am so new with the lingo. I don't know what that means, sorry. I will try to take pictures and post them. But I can only use the computer at work. When I use two heat lights 75w I can bring her basking area up to 103. That would be better?

UTH-Under Tank Heater
You can use two lamps to achieve your basking temps. You can also go to the hardware store and get a flood light; you don't need the fancy 'basking bulbs' that you get at the pet store :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom