i took her to the vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarian

Hatchling Member
i think she may be wanting to brumate? she sleeps all day, and has not eaten in a week. the vet doesnt think it is the time of year for her to sleep. i tried to explain she might be on her time clock , not ours. he wants me to force feed her, and if things do not change wants a blood sample. she is totaly healthy, phisical and fecal exams were perfect. no parisites or bactiria that is not normal. was kinda neat she pooped on the examination table haha , my iggy :) i read the care sheets , and i have no explanation for her behavior. i dont agree with the doc. any help would be appriciated

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Where are you located, the US or Australia? She should not be brumating during this time of year now, as most if not all are out of brumation for the spring & summertime.
What type & brand of UVB light are you using, a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light? How old is your UVB light & how far away is it placed? What type of basking light are you using?
Do you use calcium on a regular basis?
How old is your dragon?

Tracie

tarian

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This is my set up i have 2 repisun 10's one is brand new the other is about 2 months old. I have a zoomed 100 on the right and a 40w bulb on the left just for light. WE live in Canada, and yes i feed her calcium twice a week. I got her at about 3 months i think ( about 6 inches) so i think she is about 9 months (16 inches from head to tail)
iggys002-1.jpg

tarian

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
good news , she is taking 2 mils of a powder the doc gave me (mixed with water)and she takes it from the dropper on her own. i think she actually likes it. but she still wont eat on her worms or collards. she is still sleeping (is almost noon) and she went down at 8 last night.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, you will need to increase calcium to 5 times per week, as she is still growing.
Your tank looks great. I have a question regarding the lighting. The Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulbs, are they placed on the back wall? I highly recommend them being directly overhead. The UVB does not project downward very well being mounted on the back. They really need to be overhead so the UVB can project downward more toward them. That may help the emissions of UVB for her, especially since you have 2 of them.
The increase of calcium with a better UVB direction could help to improve her activity levels.
What are the temps & what type of thermometer do you use to measure the temps with?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom