I think there is something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Sunny was going fine today until just an hour or so ago. She got really active so I brought her out of her cage and she got really mad and jumped onto my bed and then went under the blankets. So I put her back in her cage. I then left her alone for a bit. I then got abou about 15 minutes later and tried to feed her again. She was breathing heavily and refused to eat. I left her alone again putting her food in her bowl. Before I walked away I noticed her pupils getting very large and then very small very rapidly along with her heavy breathing. After I walked away I heared a ruckus from her cage and she was throwing herself around knocking into things and spilling her water all over and running in circles. I don't know if that was maybe a seizure or what but she has never done it before.please help

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Spring fever is normal. If she seems otherwise alright, I wouldn't worry too much. If she keeps doing it, update us. Maybe someone else has another idea though...

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I wish I had an idea, but I don't. Just wondering if Sunny's behavior went back to normal, or if it continued.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Can you please tell us about her lighting: what brand, shape, how old the bulbs are, and how close she can get to them? Also, what are the temps in the tank, particularly the basking spot. What type of thermometer are you using to measure temps? Are you supplementing with calcium and vitamins, and if so, how often?

I am grasping at straws here. Maybe the answers to these questions will yield an explanation to her behavior. If not, do you have a reptile vet for her?

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is using an Arcadia UVB light it is a tube I don't know exactaly what you would call it. It runs the whole length of her tank. She has a stump branch thing that she can climb and get within 4 inches maybe closer to her light. I have had it for maybe 2-3 months. Her heat lamp is Exo terra I believe it's 100 watt she is about 8-9 inches from that light maybe a bit more. I have had that light for about 3 weeks. For her air temps I used digital thermometers and they are 93 degrees in her hot side and 79 on her cold side. For her basking I used an infra red thermometer and I reads 106.2 for her basking spot. I give her supplements calcim vitamins and minerals 3 times a week Monday Wednesday an Friday. At the moment no I do not have a vet for her. I have a er for my other animals but I can not find a vet that does exotics that isn't asking an arm and a leg because I have to pay for her get visit I'm only sixteen and have no job I'm trying to get one. I live with my grandma and she is on retirment so I have to save up to get her in to a vet.

I hope I answered all your questions well enough.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
You answered my questions very well, dear. Thanks. How old is Sunny? The only thing I can think of that you should change is the supplement schedule. Calcium 5x per week, vitamins 2x per week, one feeding per day. There is a chance she is not getting enough calcium. The rest sounds great, though. How is she doing today?

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is not eatting. Her eyes are doing the weird thing again and she is a little irritated. She hasn't thrown herself around yet today. She worries me so much.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Again grasping at straws...I was wondering if this could be egg laying behavior. I wish someone who was smarter about this would jump in to help out. I'm still wondering if it could be calcium deficiency.

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
That Arcadia I am going to assume is NOT their high output T5 bulb, right? It's their T8? HUGE difference, there.
I use their T5, so I am not up on the minimum safe distance for the T8 type bulbs. I am wondering though if 4" may be too close. I, too, will call for someone more knowledgeable about that bulb to give their opinion. Does your beardie spend much time that close to the bulb? Is the 4" at the middle of the bulb, or towards one end of the bulb? And is the 4" from the bulb to the branch, or from the bulb to the top of the beardie?

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She can get withing four inches from her back to the light but the ligh Ian in her cage and sits a little farther into the fixture so she is about 6 inches total from the actual light and the perch is in the middle of the light. No she does not spend a lot of time there somedays she will get really close to it by going up there but most of the time she stays in her basking area. It's the 12% UVB bulb. I will put a picture of the label.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom