I think she thinks she can fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, every time i take my little girl out, i walk to the couch put her on my chest, and continue with what i was doing either on the computer or watching tv, or i sit there and pet her and play with here if she isn't fussy. She was a rescue that some1 picked up and not entirely sure of how her first home was, so you gotta take it slow around her. There has been a MARKED improvement with her temperment twards me, and she's warming up to my wife. I digress... anyway.... so ill sit there and eventually she will decide its time to start exploring and will jump from my chest to the leather couch, not walk.... jump.... then she will sit there for a minute, walk to the arm rest and sit there. First time she did this i was like "ZOMG don't fall" so i moved slowly to her and grabbed her before she fell. Put here back on the couch and watched as she was determined to get back to the arm rest so this time i let her go and sit there intently watching her, she looked at me and jumped off the arm of the couch onto the floor. I was amazed and terrified, so i went slowly over to the side of the couch to make sure she was ok, and she came walking to the center of the room. i was like ok lest not put her on the couch anymore, so i sat on the floor, leaning against the couch. She sat staring at me for a minute and then like a speeding bullet, ran up my leg stomach chest shoulder onto the couch, to the arm rest, and didn't evne wait this time, and just jumped again. Now its not a huge fall, maybe 2 feet, but still its a fall on to hardwood floors.

Do i have evil kenvil BD? or do they all think they can fly?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
My boyfriend and I both have beardies. The older one (his) makes very calculated jumps, but will not jump straight from furniture to the floor. He shimmies down or looks for something he can jump onto. Lilly, the 6 month old, hasn't been given much of a chance to jump from anything as I've only had her for a week. She did, however, try to jump through glass to get back to her favorite basking rock (wasn't hurt at all).
Sara

JimnCar70506

Original Poster
yeah she is in no way hurt ... thank goodness... but its like OMG what are u thinking ! thats hard... now she is going bonkers in her cage staring at me and climbing the walls, and running in circles and then coming back to stare at me.... so i was like maybe she is hungry... so i took her log out cause i found she eats allllloooot more and better when she can see them easier and they don't have anyplace to run, but no, she wnats nothing to do with them, instead its a hecktic climb on the glass, then look at me, run in circles, look at me , climb the glass.... look at me.... i guess u get this pattern...

akane65

Mine is a daredevil too. I was sitting on my recliner and he jumped from my shoulder to the top of the back of the seat then jumped straight down behind me... It was like a 4 foot drop onto tile and I was shocked she was perfectly fine. Mine is very loving towards me but is also very hyper and jittery when I am around. Maybe it's just you makes her all hyper. lol, I dunno

Freeie

Extreme Poster
They always seem to go for the floor. We had a few bumps on the noggin from jumping from the couch to the coffee table so we moved it farther away.

snowdrop

Juvie Member
My girl rexie does that!!!! Like you i take her out she sits on my shoulder for awhile and then decides to go exploring. the first few times i stopped her before she fell of my sofa, and i just set her on the floor to walk around. But one day i wasn't quick enough and she just plopped of the end on to the floor but she was fine she scooted of and climbed my boyfriends guitar!!! But the next time she launched herself of the sofa on to the rug, i was very surprised as i didn't no she could do that!!!! And i think since she has mastered the edge of the sofa shes getting braver and trying to launch herself of the arm of the sofa but i alwys manage to catch as it's a bigger drop and i don't want her to hurt herself.

So yep i have flying (sort of) girl dragon to. Have to admit though it's pretty cool that she cam move like that!!!!!

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Oh yeah, I think there are allot of beardie daredevils out there. Scorch will jump from our couch onto the tile floor. It makes me nervous so I try to put an area rug or a pillow where I think she will go to soften the landing a bit. I think she almost gave me a heart attack one time when she tried jumping from the bed to the marble topped nightstand one time. With the top being slippery, she fell to the floor in between the two onto the carpet. My bed is about 3 foot off the ground so that scared me big time, but she was fine. She also likes to jump when she is on you onto the kitchen counter. She loves to run around on the counter. That drives my husband crazy. He is convinced she is going to fall 4' onto the tile floor and break something. He is always talking to her when she is crawling around on the counter. Don't go that way you'll fall into the sink or the garbage. LOL

hardkohr

i have a question... ive had lewis for only a month and a half and im excited to let him rome the house.. at what age is it ok to do so? a little worried of him wondering of somewhere (although hes only 5 months old and always under close supervision) in or out of the cage!

snowdrop

Juvie Member
hardkohr":c5efa said:
i have a question... ive had lewis for only a month and a half and im excited to let him rome the house.. at what age is it ok to do so? a little worried of him wondering of somewhere (although hes only 5 months old and always under close supervision) in or out of the cage!

I don't think its a problem letting him out to wonder about i take my girl rexie out everyday. But you do need to watch, as i sure other people will tell you when you take your eyes of him he can dissapear! Rexie was walking about one eve and i was on my laptop on this sute reading a post and when i went to look for her a min later she was gone. Me and my friend spent an hour taking my living room and dining room apart she had managed to go behind my bookself which houses all our dvds, was on the bottom selve tucked as tight as she could get around the back of the dvds asleep and only because i took 200 dvds of their selves did i find her! they can be good at disappearing from some of the stories i have read on this site.!!!!!!

So my advice is take him out but in one room with doors closed so if he does disappear you've less of a space to explore! :p :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom