I think she might be confused??

Status
Not open for further replies.

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
This dragon has never laid eggs and this was the first time being bred. She is 3 years old and even age and size does not make up for experience.lol
She spent two hours digging her a perfect laying cave. I waited and watied for her to turn around and lay but nooooo she just kept digging.
Luckily I kept being nosey because she was completely confused as to why she dug such a big elaborate hole. She laid 23 eggs in the door way. It made for some cool pictures and I snatched the eggs as they dropped since she kept digging with her back feet in between and popped a couple eggs. I think maybe next clutch she might understand what all that trouble and tiring work was for. This was pointless this time.lol
Her busy busy busy constructing a perfect den.
12-27-09Vixendigginganddragons007.jpg

Then what...
12-27-09Vixendigginganddragons116.jpg

12-27-09Vixendigginganddragons123.jpg

12-27-09Vixendigginganddragons121.jpg

Her looking at me like, "what was this hole for again"?
12-27-09Vixendigginganddragons129.jpg

Her this mornig back to normal like nothing happened.

12-27-09Vixendigginganddragons140.jpg

12-27-09Vixendigginganddragons130.jpg

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Awww poor girl! Great pictures. I also have a few videos posted of one or two of my females laying somewhere on here. :wink:

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I will go find the link. I love to see pictures of dragons. Their are some amazing dragons on this site!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hey, give her a break. This is her first pregnancy and nobody "guided" her on what to do.
At least she knew she had to dig a hole and lay eggs in it, even if it was at the opening :laughing6:

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Goonie":9fd57 said:
Hey, give her a break. This is her first pregnancy and nobody "guided" her on what to do.
At least she knew she had to dig a hole and lay eggs in it, even if it was at the opening :laughing6:
Your right. She got 1/2 correct first go round. I giggled at her all night as she plopped them just outside the safety of the den.lol
I am curious to see what she does with the second clutch. I will definitely be on standby in case she still has yet to read her instruction manual on how to lay eggs. I think her book is titled "Egg Laying for Dummies". :lol: :lol: She is one of my favorite girls.

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Twobeardieguy":d8f4a said:
You and her will be just fine! :wink:
Yeah, its better then my dragon who lays eggs and thinks its for her own nourishment. :shock: I really have to watch her.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
irwin'smom":ceeed said:
Twobeardieguy":ceeed said:
You and her will be just fine! :wink:
Yeah, its better then my dragon who lays eggs and thinks its for her own nourishment. :shock: I really have to watch her.

Lol, I would be quite happy with eggs laid anyway anywhere at this point :roll:

fez09

Extreme Poster
Thanks for sharing the pics, they were great! Poor girl, she'll figure it out!! She's got a very sweet face :wink:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Isn't it amazing how most will do just what they are suppose to do when the time comes and others like that sweetie of yours are so confused about the whole ordeal? I have one that I have to watch because she likes to stomp on them like she is making wine when she's done instead of burying them. :shock:

Great pic's! Oh and beautiful beardie too! :wink:

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I think she is beautiful too and she is actually in shed, you should see her out of shed. She has the funniest expressions.
Barbara, I have one of those too. Not only stomp on them with her feet but pound them with her nose.lol
Its natural for some dragons and others its a learning process. :study:
They just need to read up more on what they are suppose to do. :lol:

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Those are excellent photos. What a little sweetheart! I hope she produces a healthy clutch for you. :)

SierraandRhonda

Hatchling Member
You will have to excuse me if this sounds like a dumb question (still a little new at this)- How often do they lay or is it only while being bred?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom