I think my favorite bearded dragon might be sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cbott

My sandfire bearded dragon is around 4 maybe 5 years old now and she has white grayish spots on her back and tail. These spots are just a few here and there I give her frequent baths I don't know if its just stuck shed or what. :( Another thing I fed her for about 2 weeks and kept waiting to she if she would poop so i let her sit in warm water for 20 mins and she did poop lots and lots and lots . Most poop I have ever seen :/ I really love this beardie and it just seems like she could be sick she doesn't run around her big encloser much. Nor does she bask a lot she just sits in the cool end, Please help Im sure she will live but I want her to live a long happy life

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Could you review your tank setup with us please so we can help her better.
What type & brand of UVB light do you use, a fluorescent tube bulb or a compact/coil light? How old is it?
What type of basking light are you using?
How often do you give calcium to her?
What do you feed her?
What are the temperatures in the tank & what type of thermometer are you using? A stick on type, a digital probe or a temp gun?

Tracie

Cbott

Original Poster
I will make a video of her setup and you can review it tomorrow afternoon after school plz check back in with me

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, no problem at all. I am looking forward to seeing her setup. Be sure to include some pictures of her, as well.
Thanks.

Tracie

Cbott

Original Poster
I have given her a few more baths and seems fine now I now do not think she was ever sick but if you would like i will still make a review of setup

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, I would be more than happy to review your tank setup, just to be sure everything is good.
How is she doing today?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks, she does look like she is going to shed. So that could be part of her reason for lethargic or lazy behavior. A lot of times, they go off of their food prior to shedding.
She looks good, & overall her colors are fine, as well.
Which UVB tube bulb is that? How old is it, & how close can she get to it? Keep in mind also, that the screen can filter out quite a bit of the UVB light so maybe you could cut a hole in the screen or mount it on the underneath side of her screen top so she can get within 6-8 inches of it while basking.

The setups look good, so hopefully it is just her shedding.

Tracie

Cbott

Original Poster
The UVB is a dessert 15 watt dessert 50 and is a little far from her but it is that way so it can cover the full cage length I wont hut a hole in the scrren but maybe I will drill holes in the plastin part and secure it with wires to the bottom of the screen that uvb is stupid it came with a plastic window over the bulb which filters out uvb so I removed it was thinking about taking my reptiglo bulb out of another lizards tank and i have just a socket and a wire and lower it into the cage shes about 20 inches from it when shes not basking as it is now and about 10 inches away when she is basking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom