I think I have a kangaroo dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouP

So I was working in the cage tonight and Harambe was in his hammock just watching me. All of a sudden he jumped about 8" - 12" through the air and landed on my arm and started walking up my sleeve. I had no idea he had it in him. Also, the longer I have him the more I see a personality developing in him. Too funny. Sometimes I wish he was warm blooded so he could hang out more often and not be alone.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Puff used to do that to me when he was little.

Since I returned home from hospital it is now Toothless who is just over 12 months old who has started leaping from the floor onto the lounge....which is not a bad effort !
He crouches like a cat does before leaping , and you can see him winding up the leg muscles and working out the trajectory for the leap , then suddenly he's up on the lounge.

They definitely develop individual personalities and learn how to manipulate us.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Too cute.

I seriously doubt if my beardie even has the energy to pull something like that. I'd probably be scared that he'd take a fall if he did. The closest he comes is to crawl out from under his "tortilla" (as in "beardie burrito") when I turn on the lights in the morning, and look at me like "Hey! Do I get my Good Morning cuddle today?" -- and that's on his more energetic days. Sometimes if I get sidetracked doing other things after turning the lights on, he'll stay wrapped up for half the day until I get worried about the SPF factor of the towel and not getting enough vitamin D, etc, and come and unwrap him. Then he seems quite content to sit there and worship his light bulbs for the rest of the day.

They definitely all have their own unique personalities. Mine seems to be at the low end of the spectrum in terms of energy levels, but he's still pretty good at the art of manipulating his human slaves :)

Some people say that a bearded dragon is a dog in a lizard's body, but I sometimes think that what I've got is more of a cat in a lizard's body. That's okay; I love cats too. But my husband is allergic to them, so that's how we ended up being reptile people.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
SHBailey":1demexh3 said:
Too cute.

I seriously doubt if my beardie even has the energy to pull something like that. I'd probably be scared that he'd take a fall if he did. The closest he comes is to crawl out from under his "tortilla" (as in "beardie burrito") when I turn on the lights in the morning, and look at me like "Hey! Do I get my Good Morning cuddle today?" -- and that's on his more energetic days. Sometimes if I get sidetracked doing other things after turning the lights on, he'll stay wrapped up for half the day until I get worried about the SPF factor of the towel and not getting enough vitamin D, etc, and come and unwrap him. Then he seems quite content to sit there and worship his light bulbs for the rest of the day.

They definitely all have their own unique personalities. Mine seems to be at the low end of the spectrum in terms of energy levels, but he's still pretty good at the art of manipulating his human slaves :)

Some people say that a bearded dragon is a dog in a lizard's body, but I sometimes think that what I've got is more of a cat in a lizard's body. That's okay; I love cats too. But my husband is allergic to them, so that's how we ended up being reptile people.

First time I saw Toothless leap up I was really surprised , but Toothless has always been our little live wire.

I tell people they (our beardies) are our catdogs.
Our bluetongues are more like dogs , they follow us about the house like a puppy would when out on the floor.
Our water skinks have been extremely inquisitive and loved to crawl all over me and loved smooging and snuggling, definitely cat like.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Sometimes they can jump really high. I gave a friend a male Rankins for free a few days ago and it jumped out of a 40 gallon long tank one night. I'm really glad she found him, I had just given him to her the day prior.
My friend does have a lot of experience with bearded dragons because she has over 40 adults and a bunch of babies, so was suprized she didn't have a top on the aquarium. That issue has now been corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom