I think Gizmo might be sick, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ax3sGizmo

My bearded dragon seems to be acting a little bit funny. He seems sort of deprived of energy, and he has been burping a little. I'm sure I'm just over reacting, but is he ok? He is eating ok, and his temperatures are alright.

Lennifer

Juvie Member
We will need to know a few things in order to possible figure out what the issue could be.

How old is your beardie?
What do u feed him/her?
Do u dust w/ suppliments? If so, what kind & how often?
What size tank/enclsoure does he/she have?
What kind of substrate are u using?
What is the basking spot temp?
What are u measureing the temps with?
What kind of UVB lighting do u have? Is it the coil or tube & what is the brand?

~Sandy

Ax3sGizmo

Original Poster
How old is your beardie? Around 2 years old
What do u feed him/her? Crickets and Superworms every other day and vegatables every day
Do u dust w/ suppliments? If so, what kind & how often? Yes, we dust his crickets. I believe it is called "Rep- Cal" Calcium with Vitamin D.
What size tank/enclsoure does he/she have?
What kind of substrate are u using? Temporarily we are using sand, but may switch to the reptile carpet soon.
What is the basking spot temp? It looks like it is about 95 degrees right now. That is a little lower than usual.
What are u measureing the temps with? It's a Zoo-Med temperature gage.
What kind of UVB lighting do u have? Is it the coil or tube & what is the brand? The brand is Zoo-Med and it is a tube.

Sorry it took a while to get back to you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How old is your Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb, & how close is it to her?
What are you using to measure your temps, a stick on type of thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?
The temps of 95 are bare minimum, for digestion. Try increasing the basking temps to 100 & see if her symptoms improve for you.
Has she had any other strange symptoms such as mucous in the mouth or nose?

Tracie

Lennifer

Juvie Member
I would suggest purchasing a temp gun or one with a probe attatched to it. Those stick on's don't read the temps accuratly. The UVB light is on the opposite side of the basking light? Is your beardie able to get close to the UVB light when he's on that side of the tank?

~Sandy

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually, the basking bulb and the UVB should be right alongside each other so he can benefits of both bulbs when he is basking. He should be able to get 6 to 8" from the UVB.

Those temp gauges can be off by as much as 20 degrees so you're not getting accurate temps. Would be a good idea to get a temp gun or digital with long wire & probe end as suggested. Inaccurate temps will affect his total health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom