I Think Baby Clover Is Dying :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Sending all my thoughts and prayers your way. It's ok to hold clover, though. Maybe against your skin with a snuggly blanket?

I'll be thinking of you both (((hugs)))

ownedbyfina

Original Poster
I held him for a little bit before he went to bed. I kissed him tons and told him that I love him. He has fought so hard since Friday evening. If he passes, it won't be for lack of trying on either of our parts. It's amazing how you love something so much in such a short amount of time I've had him. I've had him for 53 days. For 49 of those he thrived. I just hate that I didn't see this coming. I wasn't prepared, but I will be if it happens to him or any of the other 3 in the future. I will update on him in the morning.

Thanks everyone!

Susan

ownedbyfina

Original Poster
I think today is the day for Clover :( He is very stiff but still alive and is turning very dark. When I hold him on his back he tries to turn over but can't do it without help. I tried to give him water and he wouldn't even attempt to take it like he has been. I don't think I'm going to subject him to any baths today. I will continue to try to offer water and hold him a lot. It can't hurt at this point. At least he will go knowing that I love him! Thank you all for your help and kind words! I will let you know when the inevitable happens.

Thank you!

Susan

Derobmi

Hatchling Member
Susan, you and Clover are in my thoughts. I'm so sorry you are going through this. :'(

Mary

haXxize12

ahhh horrible didnt u say reptiboost was only 50 miles? i would of def drove for him to get it when its life or death! that stuffs critical! poor little guy ;/ i hope he can hold on!

ownedbyfina

Original Poster
Baby Clover has passed away. :cry: He was so strong and brave to fight like he did! A big piece of my heart died with him. I can't look at his cage empty like it is. I am cleaning it and I'm going to find another beardie to rescue. We have 2 rescued ones here now that are thriving. I know that I don't ever want a baby again. I feel like it was my fault even though I know he wasn't healthy from the start. He was never active like babies should be.

I want to thank everyone for the support and suggestions that I received. I tried everything suggested but he went downhill so fast that there was probably nothing that could help him.

Thank you all!

Susan :(

ownedbyfina

Original Poster
haXxize12":f111rnes said:
ahhh horrible didnt u say reptiboost was only 50 miles? i would of def drove for him to get it when its life or death! that stuffs critical! poor little guy ;/ i hope he can hold on!

I did say that but it was a figure of speech :? I couldn't find it anywhere around here! There are 4 Petco's in the Charlotte area and I called all of them as well as the small pet shops and none of them had it. I did the best for him that I could.....I honestly didn't just LET him die! :( The reptiboost came about an hour after he passed away!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Susan, I'm so, so sorry that little Clover didn't make it. You certainly tried your best, of course you didn't just let him die, and no one can say that any supplement or medicine would have saved him. Please, please don't blame yourself. Veterinary medicine + knowledge is still a very inexact science when it comes to reptiles, no one can say for sure why he died, and you did all you could. He definitely had something very wrong with him that wasn't apparent and it's very probable that nothing could be done. He had a good, loving home for his short life. You'll be a great beardie owner , you have a big heart and when the next rescue comes along he/she will be in good hands. Much sympathy to you !!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry to hear of Clover's passing. AHBD is exactly right. You did everything you could for him and fought right alongside him. He was just too sick. How lucky he was to have had you to care for him. I'm sending you a big hug, dear.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
I'm so sorry about Clover. My thoughts are with you. I'm so happy to hear you ended up holding little Clover last night, that's lovely and I think you both needed it. He knew he was loved, and you did your best for him.

(((Hugs)))

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
Hi!

I wondered how baby Clover is doing?

I've been following this thread. I sure hope your little dragon is hanging on. I have two little guys and am still learning the ropes. My dragons are healthy so far, but I do have a gecko going downhill and feel helpless about it, so I can really relate to how you're feeling.

I'll watch for an update and keep you guys in my thoughts.

~Shelby

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry you lost little Clover. :cry: I know how devastating it is to lose them.
He was ill when you got him, so it wasn't anything you did.
We are all here for you.

Tracie

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
I'm so sorry!

I posted for an update after you had announced his passing, but somehow those weren't showing me on my tablet.

You really did everything you could. I hope all dragons have such caring owners.

~Shelby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom