I need some advice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baneakira

I just got 2 baby beardies about 2 weeks ago...and the people at the petstore told me to get a basking spot lamp and an infrared heating lamp....I'm not sure if they are doing the job b/c my female looks like shes sick....anyone have any brands and what exactly I should use in my enclosure. Should I use sand or reptile carpet?

cashrokxsz

Juvie Member
big chain pet store workers dont kno nuttin bout anythin dat has to do wit the animals they sell. u have to get an enclosure bigg enuff first and foremost, about a 40g breeder tank. the sand is a no no, go with the repti carpet. aside from a basking bulb u need a uvb strip light, preferably a reptisun 10.0. ditch the infrared heating lamp, they shud have enuff with the basking bulb. u need to get that ASAP, before its too late.

baneakira

Original Poster
Right now I just have paper down on the bottom, can I put the repticarpet in now or should I wait for them to get older? Right now they are about 3 months old. and absolutley no infrared light? If they got too much heat from the ones I put in would that cause them to ack funny? Like weird head bobs and running around like crazy, my female is just nuts shes acting like shes discombobulated or lopsided or sumthin. not sure but I want them to be healthy as possible....any advice welcome and MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! Thanks

cashrokxsz

Juvie Member
paper is good. u can leave that or u can switch, that one all depends on u. but the infrared red damaged their eyes. they need full spectrum visible light. and as for ur female, i think u shud take her to vet, she may have MBD, or maybe she just has a sprain, but check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom