I need ideas... Please... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Ok I'm really excited I just got a cage from suncages.com and my beardie has been in a 20 gallan for way to long :( ( She gets exercise) But still she needed a new home I just couldnt find one I could afford and I wanted a good one not just a fish tank. Anyways... I got it! Now, what kind of stuff should I put in it? I have a half tree log and a log that clings to window but shes getting to big I get nervous its going to fall and hurt her. Where can I find stuff that doesnt cost an arm n a leg? And lighting? I have an 18 in repti sun right now so i know i will need a bigger one is 100 watt basketing light still ok it never gets below 74 degress in my house so her temps are never to low at night is that all I will need? Any ideas with my new viv please help im so excited! :)

LJean

Extreme Poster
You can always use your imagination on what to use as furniture. :) Maybe find some things outside, or in your friends garage, or up in the attic. As for the 100watt bulb, it can be used. Making the basking spot higher or lower will help adjust the temps.

Congrats on getting your enclosure.

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you :) I just dont know what safe and whats not the hammocks look cool but it clings just like the log i have and it just doesnt seem all the safe. Hammock doesnt weigh as much as the log if it was to fall on her. I dont know I guess I will just surf the net looking until I find stuff.

P.S.
I havent got my computer fixed where i can upload pictures and I cant do it here at work but once I get it all done I will see if I can get a frind to upload them for me!

LJean

Extreme Poster
Yeah, I was a lot of help right? LOL

I was looking around my own house to see if there were useful things that I could suggest, LOL
I didn't come up with much.

I use bricks (given to me by a friend) and some branches my husband brought home one day in mine.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Well in regards to the Hammock I ave one in Drago's tank and he is a very big boy and it holds him just make sure to get the largest one.Also you could make a hide for her out of shoeboxes or what i did is I went and got those flat slate rocks(the kind used for borders/stepping stones in gardens)and I made a stacked basking site using different sizes and a friend of mine actually built a basking spot with a cave hide under it using these rocks also.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I found 1 as for the cave one I will take a picture for you sometime this week when I stop by my friends house as I dont have a pic of that.
IMG_0150.jpg

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok guys I am so so excited!! I recieved my cage and put it all together it is so perfect! I bought and had it shipped for 240.00 then I bought the inside tile and rocks for 25! :) I did put a lil sand in there but I am not feeding her in there. I do worry her basking spot isnt close enough so I am going to buy a couple more rocks. I just wanted to share my great news! I will put a picture on tomorrow for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom