I need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbrow4

help godzila wont move, he wont eat he wont drink, and the entire underside of his head and neck are black. what do I do?!? non of the vets that are open have any body in to help with reptiles and the only time that he can be seen is on saterday!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I don't mean to sound rude but is he alive yet? If he is I would try giving him a warm soak! Also what is your temps and lights? What type UVB how old and how are you measuring the temps?

bigbrow4

Original Poster
i have been using a dropper to give him water he is atleast 4 monts old. I am using two thermometers from petco I dont know what kind and I am using te light bulbs that were segested to me on this site. he sarted opening his eyes and movig after I gave him water, he drank about an entire water bowl full of it.

but now he stoped again

fez09

Extreme Poster
Are they the thermometers that stick on the cage or is it digital? What's been going on with him for the past few days? Is this something that just started today? What are your temps??

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Ok can you tell us about your set up! As in uvb what type and temps how you are measuring them! If they are the stick on type they can be off as much as 20 degrees!! Sounds like he may be a bit dehydrated! Try to get more water into him! You can also use pediylite or Gatorade! You have to water it down!

bigbrow4

Original Poster
we got him to a vet. they gave us some antibiotics and I gave him a long soak in reptisafe water and I used a mister on him durin the soak, he was moving around then but now he just sits. they are the kind that sticks on the tank (thermomiters). and the temp whent down on the cool side to 75F just in the last hour, the warm side is 85-90F i think he is blocked up the vets didnt have anybody that delt with reptiles but they had a owner there. what do I do for a blockage?

fez09

Extreme Poster
I'm no expert but for starters, I would get a digital thermometer...If the sticky ones that you have say 95, the temps could very well be 125!! So please go to Wal-Mart or somewhere close to get that. If he is impacted then soaking is great, give him a belly massage as well. Some pure pumpkin from a can (not pumpkin pie filling) helps also. When is the last time he ate and pooped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom