i need a cheap feeder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
I've been feeding him phoneix worms because he won't eat crickets, and my mom's gonna start helping me pay for feeders but she wants a cheaper one then phoenix worms. What are good cheap feeders to order in bulk online? and they need to not die soon after they arrive. anyone know the best sites?

Gail

BD.org Addict
How old/big is your dragon? Superworms are about the cheapest you can get but aren't appropriate for a adult. You can feed small/medium supers to a dragon that is 12" or so.

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gail":3s01tj6r said:
How old/big is your dragon? Superworms are about the cheapest you can get but aren't appropriate for a adult. You can feed small/medium supers to a dragon that is 12" or so.

hes only about 8 inches nose to tail

clossboss

Hatchling Member
i thought supers werent good for any dragon under 16 inches because of their exoskeleton? i think ur best option would be small dubias or just crickets for now. he could just be spoiled from his phoenix worms and wont eat crickets right away but he will in a day or so.....when i get Dude superworms he will refuse to eat crickets until he realizes that hes not getting anymore supers any time soon.

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
clossboss":1icjam2l said:
i thought supers werent good for any dragon under 16 inches because of their exoskeleton? i think ur best option would be small dubias or just crickets for now. he could just be spoiled from his phoenix worms and wont eat crickets right away but he will in a day or so.....when i get Dude superworms he will refuse to eat crickets until he realizes that hes not getting anymore supers any time soon.

Ok good plan, i bought 50 tonight and he was too tired to eat them but hopefully he eats them tomorrow. Mulberry farms has a really good deal on crix right now - 1500 for 19.99+S/H. But I don't know if I can feed them fast enough before they all die

clossboss

Hatchling Member
U will be amazed how much he eats. Give them potatoes and water and they live a pretty long time if they are kept in a large bin

Gail

BD.org Addict
clossboss":2epp1saf said:
i thought supers werent good for any dragon under 16 inches because of their exoskeleton?

Thats true if you are feeding large supers but you can get small supers for smaller dragons. I wouldn't feed supers of any size to a 8" dragon though and agree that either crickets or dubia are the way to go.

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
clossboss":30ar7inj said:

thanks, i tried again today, put him in a tupperware with a few crix a few times but he wasn't going for it, hoping I have better luck with it tomorrow :/

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
TASTIGER":10ztfs05 said:
have you tried cockroaches?

I keep trying to talk my parents into letting me get them but they are very against cockroaches being in the house.
Its frustrating he won't eat his crickets because I worry hes gonna starve to death because hes so picky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom