I must be nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayouBaybee

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone. It has been quite awhile since I have been on here. My big Zatarainz is almost two now. Two weeks ago I flipped and bought a one year old special needs dragon who is absolutely GORGEOUS! He is a poss double het super citrus tiger and his name is Hubigz. Now yesterday I had a head says NO heart says YES rescue moment and bought a female special needs dragon. Poor girl is missing a back leg at the knee (still healing), missing three toes on the other back leg, missing a nail and toe tip on the front foot, and has a tail nip. There are also some other scars on her in various stages of healing. Her lil tail bones are sticking out, she stinks from having dried poop all over her (bath didn't do the trick :p ) and she just looks so rough. She is a leatherback, maybe citrus, and a year or so old I think. Her name is now Calliope. I am really hoping some tlc does the trick. no matter what the outcome, she will have love and care til her time is up. I had been considering getting a female at some point in the future, but lord knows I didn't plan it this soon, and certainly not what I got. I am such a sucker for a sad face. Lol.

Annalee

Juvie Member
Welcome to your new rescue. May him/her give you as much joy as mine has. I just took in a rescue two weeks ago. The extra care you have to give them really makes them a little closer to your heart. :D

BayouBaybee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Annalee. I saw her in the store, held her, smelled her, and was just like ugh, poor thing. This doesnt look good. I was driving down the interstate, about 20 miles away, and I just burst out to my friend " I HAVE to go get her!" I then had a crying fit saying I just loved her and had to have her and try to save her. My friend just laughed and said " I knew it! Let's go back." I called the store and told them I was coming for her. She ate a bit of greens that we hand fed. I gave her a few syringes full of a mix of reptoboost, nekton rep, and naturezone worm guard. She drank it up!

Annalee

Juvie Member
BayouBaybee":23nzpimz said:
Good luck with yours Annalee. What kind, sex, etc is it?

All the info is here : [ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=194142 f=44 ]

Keep us updated on progress!

BayouBaybee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My rescue girlie is sleeping in her hide for the first time since I got her a week ago! Yay!!!!!! I tried to take a pic, but its too dark and I don't want to get the infamous beardie stink eye! Lol!

jingles

I read posts like this with tears in my eyes, my first and only beardie was also a petshop rescue. So cool of you to take her in and give her all the love and care that she deserve. I have Roger now for 2 months and with all the patience, syringe feeds, vet visits and loads of tlc, he is a healthy beardie with slightly deformed front leggies from MBD. Good luck with her, and may you have many great moments with her

BayouBaybee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Jingles! Bless you too for Roger. Calliope is doing really well. She is slowly adjusting. I'm trying not to overdo it with her. I just want to smother her with love. I FINALLY got that nasty thick retained shed off of her eyelid. She could hardly move it or see before. The other chunks on her tail came off too. Once those did, I could really see her scars. I didn't realize she had so many. I'm watching her nub real close too. It is still healing and the skin is soooo thin. My poor girl. Despite all of this, she is sweet and pretty easy to handle. I hope she stays that way. I don't know how old she is or anything, but I just don't care. I love her so much.

BayouBaybee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My girlie is looking good! Her nub is peeling. I hope it gets thicker because the skin is awfully thin. Calliope is so sweet. I cannot believe her disposition for the unknown hell she went through.

BayouBaybee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks!

One thing I noticed today is that she has one eye that is reddish with a gold iris...her other eye is pitch black with no visible pupil. I'm not sure what to think about that.

BayouBaybee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok. I weighed the brat pack:

384 grams Hubigz
424 grams Zatarainz
280 grams Calliope

Calliope has gained about 80-100 grams in weight. Her tail bones are slopes rather than jutting spikes now. That's momma's girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom