I must be crazy--thinking of getting another reptile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Okay the current animals we have are;

4 guppies (1yr old)

1 hamster

2 parakeets

1 rabbit (indoor)

1 guinea pig (very old-6-7 yrs)

1 bearded dragon.

My soon to be 8 yr oldhas wanted a leopard gecko for the last 2 years and since I have a cage for one I am seriously considering getting her one for her birthday. (Am I nuts or what?) The LG (leopard gecko)is supposed to be easier to care for then a beardie--tho I am partial to the beardies. I personally would rather get another beardie but who knows. And I already have a cage etc for it!

If I get one, it will be thru Tom on here.

I think I have lost my mind today!

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
you havent lost your mind, its just when you have an empty enclosure you just have to fill it because if you dotn it just doenst seem right,lol!!!

Nikki14

I have 13 reptiles and am just waiting for more!! i have at least 20 empty tanks in the back room that im dying to fill!! and im sure you take excelent care of all your pets..

so i say go for it!! :D

ThyDemise

Hatchling Member
Nikki14":2tjgxoqz said:
i have at least 20 empty tanks in the back room that im dying to fill!!
:shock: i would be going nuts. i haaate empty tanks :lol: either have to sell em or fill em.

Nikki14

ThyDemise":1afgl063 said:
Nikki14":1afgl063 said:
i have at least 20 empty tanks in the back room that im dying to fill!!
:shock: i would be going nuts. i haaate empty tanks :lol: either have to sell em or fill em.

trust me i agree!! but most of them belong to my dad so its his call. and we both would fill them but my mother is already not happy her dinning room has turned into a pet room :) we promised we'd leave the rest of the house to her

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
LOL Tom! I know (I am personally in favor of another beardie--I know how to take care of them) but the daughter wants a leopard gecko--but if I decide to go that route I will definitely come to you.
Thanks for helping out my SIL tonight--did she get a hold of you?

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well it appears that the egg was not viable--but thanks to Tom for all his help. NOW to decide what to do --do I get her one for her birthday or wait until summer is over? Decisions decision. LOL!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good luck with your decision! Leopard geckos are easy to care for and like interaction. We have 4 beardies and a golden gecko, who isn't allowed out of his mesh tank, he's disappear in a second. Let us know how it goes!

Deb

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
thanks deb, If Tom has any left and I decide to get her one, then I will be getting it from him. I personally prefer the beardies but it does seem as less is involved with the care of the geckos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom