I may have a real giant on my hands people

Status
Not open for further replies.

david0501

Juvie Member
So I'm making this post plainly to get it out there lol. My beardie is not going to be 5 months in 11 days and he is already 17 1/2 inches. Not to mention that he grew almost an inch in the week I had him. What are your opinions on how big do you think he will get? Or do you think he just is an early grower lol. Leave your opinions/feedback!

Dianecard

Mine just died today:( Can you tell me what UVB and UVA lights you are using and post a picture of your tank set up? Everyone tells me that I purchased an unhealthy dragon, but I keep thinking maybe I caused her illness.
Thanks

PM sent by moderator

david0501

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Its really simple, 24inch 10.0 reptisun and a basking bulb (100 watt). I also use a ceramic heat emitter just to warm up the cool side a little bit. But the basking bulb and the 10.0 reptisun are highly recommended.

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Wait thats huge. Heli was 7 or 8 months old and he was that length. Hes a 1 1/2 now and seems ro have topped out at 20 inches and over 600 grams. Surely yours might get even bigger than him!!

david0501

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I hope so lol. Btw is it normal to have small light stress marks while basking? Only on the lower side of his belly lol

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Yea, that's normal. They often darken to absorb a little more heat. What temp is your basking spot?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Maybe he'll be as big as my Rubio, who's 22" long with a tail nip & 800g. Your little big guy sure is doing well with you! You obviously are doing everything right! The basking spot should be between 102-105F, some like it hotter and some like it cooler, they're all so individual. He may top 26" if he keeps growing this way!

david0501

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The basking spot gets to 108 but their is a really good gradient so if he wants it a bit cooler he can move over and inch or two lol and it'll already be down to 102

Oniko

Ahhh that is the same as my Clutch! He's passing 17 inches long and he just hit 5 months a few days ago! My female is about an inch shorter. Same breeder though, but different clutch of beardies.

I was wondering if he was a giant... he's really slender and long, my female is husky and looks like a sumo wrestler LOL.

Erok000

Hatchling Member
Thats awesome. Our dragon is around 5 months max and is almost 17". Sounds like we have giants on our hands,lol.

rmartin11

My girl is 5 months and 8 days and is just over 18.5". It's hard to believe when I brought her home @ 6 weeks her entire body with tail fit in my hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom