I JUST WANT THEM TO BE CALM....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I'm the only with this problem...

I have two 4 month old bearded dragons and they are still wild as heck...

They constantly are jumping out of my hands and squirming... I get so jealous when I see pics on here of good baby dragons...
I'm afraid to take them too far away from the cage too.

They are only calm after I turned out their lights and I'm wrapping them up in their blankets to sleep..

Is there some kind of trick to get them to be good??
I just want a cuddler.. :(

Thanks!

Livey

Extreme Poster
are they bothed housed toghther?
Perhaps they wont more exercise? just cover up any places they can get into and hide and let them run about for a bit!
They will calm down as thye gt older, much like `human` children lol

Gail

BD.org Addict
Yep, they are just young and will mellow with age. Try letting them run around in a safe room like bedroom or bathroom.
The pictures you see of "good" babies on here are more likely luck pictures then anything. They never hold still for long.

lizwithlizards89

Original Poster
ohhh Thanks for the words of wisdom! I just can't wait til they grow up. One is big enough for a small leash so we have been having fun with that watching him run around :)

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Out of the 5 we got as babys (5 weeks to 3 months) 2 were calm and 3 were very active but that went away at about 5 to 6 months. But it does help to set them up a area to let them roam freely. I set up what i called the "playpen" and stuck them in and let them run free. I set up a basking lamp so if they needed/wanted to bask they could. I only let one in their at a time. With all the exercise they calmed down a ton. GL with your little one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom