i have woke up this morning and theres an egg in my tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylor123221

Hatchling Member
i just want to no how do you tell if the eggs are any good and how long it can take before shes finished laying any more eggs i have a male but in a seperate tank and have been letting them out together i just let them roam about together and havent really seen them mate but i dont really keep a close eye on them wen they are out like to let them do there own thing and wen they have been out for a hour or so i will put them back in. i have all the stuff to make a home made incubator but wasnt expecting it any help will be greatly appreciated
THANKS DAVID

taylor123221

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
another thing is i dont think her stomach looks like she is pregnant about a week or so ago she was a hell of a lot bigger than she is now and in the last few days she has become really dark in colour lost quite alot of her body weight and wont eat anything at all is this normal????????????? I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP HERE SOON AS POSSIBLE! i would also like to no how long i can keep the eggs in my viv for?????? also another thing she has been running around the viv and banging up against the glass constently for about a week until bed then same again all day long???????

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Eggs in the viv wont survive.
She is scrambling looking for a nice safe place to lay.
Get a rubbermaid tub and put moist play sand in it and let her go to town.
If she is dark and lethargic something is wrong.
Start with a long warm soak. If that doesnt perk Her up she might be bound up and you need a vet.
I am not diagnosing but we will call it an educated guess.

taylor123221

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sorry i had to pop out the egg isnt there no more and she has a box in her with plantation soil in which i made its sort of build into her viv its quite a big box so what shall i do put some moist sand in there then ???????????????

taylor123221

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she hasnt stop digging in the box with the plantation soil in and a friend told me to moisten the plantation soil its that stuff they have in for frogs its lizard friendly aswell will that be ok am having a right nightmare here a dont want her to die is she going to be alrite she seems ok and her colour isnt so bad now its just normal what shall i do i am ever so worried???????????????????

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
that type of soil should be fine.
she wont lay until she feels comfortable and secure.
DO NOT pop out anything.

taylor123221

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i didnt POP OUT anything lol! i meant i had to go out thats why there was no reply she still hasnt laid anymore eggs and isnt happy again this morning she is very dark under her chin and has very bad stress marks what can i do for will a bath settle her a bit and is this normal behaviour to have 1 in egg in 2 days i change the soil for damp play sand and she hasnt been back in there since she doesnt look very happy at all i am going to put her in the bath now and see if she settles a bit

taylor123221

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
also what will i do with the egg i put it in her nesting box with the damp sand and a bulb to keep it warm will it still be ok or not????????

taylor123221

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well deidre had another 19 eggs today n seems to be ok actually a have managed to get 9 that i think are ok n 11 in total that werent any good by what i had been reading i have the good ones in an incubator i managed to buy at my local petshop its homemade but it seems to be doing the job just have to see how i get on will keep you's posted EVEN THOUGH I DIDNT GET MUCH HELP OF HERE!!! WEN I NEEDED IT!!LOL!!
thanks DAVID

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
taylor123221":f4fc8 said:
will keep you's posted EVEN THOUGH I DIDNT GET MUCH HELP OF HERE!!! WEN I NEEDED IT!!LOL!!
thanks DAVID

Its statements like this that make me want to stop posting sometimes.

taylor123221

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i wasnt being funny but i was in desperate need of some help and no one was helping i love this site and is really useful and i didnt mean to offended anyone was the first time i have posted something and never had any good advice
thanks david and really appreciate your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom