I. Hate. Ants. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

penelepe

Hatchling Member
I got a tub of roaches 2 days ago. 500 for about $50, it's a lot of money in our currency. Well when I went to feed the dragons some roaches. All 500, Dead, eaten alive by ants. This is the second time this has happened. I put the tub in a little bit of water so they can't cross but it looks like they got over. How can I prevent them to get in there next time? So I have wasted $100 of my parent's money for the roaches to get eaten by ants. Help?

burt1016

Juvie Member
Twobeardieguy":gjn5fm1q said:
Put a wide strip of double sided sticky tape on the outside of the bin.

That and you can maybe try vaseline around the edges too, that worked for my dubia a while back.

unkempt1

Juvie Member
I live in south Texas, and I can't begin to imagine how nasty the ants in South Africa are. :| My best advice, if they are local ants, is to research how your country handles them if the above advice doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom