I had to decide between 2 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm living with my dad now, until I leave school (about 7 months), My mum wanted one Dragon because she loves them as well, so I had to part with my Female :(.

My male seems depressed, don't know why, he hardly see's her, maybe he just knows!

Dad said I can use a corner of my room for reptiles, and I really want a little baby one, I've never really experienced them growing up.

I really need to think about it first though, since i'm still getting over Cassie and don't want to rush into things :(.

My question was, does anybody know any breeders/sellers who deliver in the UK? Or in Hampshire where I can collect?

(PS, I'm not sad because I'm worried about her, I know my mum will look after her and love her, but it's still sad.)

UltimateShelly

Original Poster
2JQ8QmR.jpg

She was really lethargic, but she's better now.

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
Can't help with breeders in UK, although I'm certain there are reptile shows around.

Babies are great fun and raising a dragon up from tiny (ie fitting on a couple of fingers) to huge is a wonderful experience.

But...be ready for it. The quantity of live food that a baby/juvi eats is vastly larger than for an adult. A baby will cost 3-4 times as much per month to feed than an adult does. [unless you've got your own insect colonies].

Plus you'll have all the other expenses [new tank, new lights, etc] as you flat-out cannot house a baby and an adult together. Even if you are otherwise a believer in cohabitation of dragons and would house adults together, you can't do that with a baby/adult situation or baby will likely become food.

If, however, you're ready for the extra responsibility and expense, then go for it :mrgreen:

UltimateShelly

Original Poster
Yeah, I'd never house my beardies together, even if adults.

They got some really beautiful red leather backs in my local shop :D

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
I just wanted to toss in there that there are a LOT of homeless babies that could use adopted/rescued from people who can't keep them anymore. :)

~Shelby

UltimateShelly

Original Poster
ShelbyLu":3w4tgatd said:
I just wanted to toss in there that there are a LOT of homeless babies that could use adopted/rescued from people who can't keep them anymore. :)

~Shelby

I wish I could find them :( I'm in the south of England with limit use of a car in my area, only a few people deliver.

Was looking at some chillie red baby beardies, they got 2 in stock at the moment, and they deliver! I'll look for a little while longer though. :)

I have to put more money towards the electric because my Dad cant pay for it all, which is all good.

I can't wait to have the experience of brining up a baby beardie! I was so lucky with my Adult male I first bought, he was soooo tame, and he actually liked being pearched up on my shoulder haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom