I got the poor lizard in Charlotte NC *UPDATE W PICS PG 3*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Wow bless your heart i cant wait to see her all fat and healthy again! My hubby has made me give that promise too.

TheWaveCarver

Hatchling Member
I have to say when you put that bearded dragon in her new home she looked better already! It is really great what your doing and i appreciate people around the world that have to care and look after animals that have been treated badly or abused (it justifies making sure that my beardie is cared for daily :D like most people).
PS: Does anyone know where the fat pads are on a beardies head exactly?

vicon

Hatchling Member
WaveCaver3":kwz6wluu said:
I have to say when you put that bearded dragon in her new home she looked better already! It is really great what your doing and i appreciate people around the world that have to care and look after animals that have been treated badly or abused (it justifies making sure that my beardie is cared for daily :D like most people).

i agree, she already look alot better once she was in that new viv

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
WaveCaver3":2jss9p37 said:
PS: Does anyone know where the fat pads are on a beardies head exactly?

I have a really good pic of the sunken fat pads on her head, but don't have it with me to upload right now. Basically, they are on top of their head behind their eye humps. (eye humps? lol)

She is doing great and she is such a sweetie. She gets a bath every day where she promptly poops. She has come to enjoy her baths, I think. She swims around a little instead of just sitting there stiff like she did the first time. I'm just wondering if when I get to a point where I don't need to bathe her every day, if she will poop on her own? I guess we'll see... I also noticed yesterday that her face and back are coloring up nicely. Now, if I can just get her to shed off that purple dye on her feet and chin!

Good news! She eats her veggies! I was wondering if she would, since she's never seen them before, but she clears her bowl every day! She also gets 5 supers every day. Still won't touch a horn.

Got my first dubias in the mail yesterday. :blob8: They are so fascinating! I thought I had mentally prepared myself enough to not be squeamish with them, but there's just something about a bunch of crawling roaches that brings out the squeam!! I sucked it up and picked up a few to get over that boundary, so I'm okay with them already! At least with the nymphs. Still haven't attempted to grab an adult (I only have 1 adult pair, so don't want to chance something happening to them).

Well, that's life in lizard land. Have a great weekend!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
That poor girl, I will be watching the outcome of how the great slave does wonders. :wink: And the adults are even more fun to play with. :laughing6: Keep up the great work....

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Wow, she did look better right away in her new home.

Susan, there is a reptile show in Winston Salem North Carolina tomorrow. Are you going?

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jiffy":rek6vd5f said:
Wow, she did look better right away in her new home.

Susan, there is a reptile show in Winston Salem North Carolina tomorrow. Are you going?

Well, I didn't know about it, but we have baseball games tomorrow anyway. I might try to make the fall show in Charlotte or Columbia. I have relatives in Columbia so I can shack up for a weekend for free. :) I think my hubby would prefer I stay away from Expos because we seem to come home with live animals. :wink: I find enough live animals without going to them!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Its Winston's first one, I hope it is good.But I hope it is not as crowded as Raleigh, I get frustrated at that one.
I live about 45 minutes away, and havent heard about it either, which to me means they did not do lots of advertising. I heard about it here on the site.
here is the link in case anyone else in interested

http://www.eastcoastherps.com/

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Dangit, I brought my card reader for pics but forgot the memory card!

Anyway, Isha is doing great! She poops every day, bath or not, but will go again in the bath if she has already gone. I've upped her to 7 supers a day, and she digests them well. She gobbles up veggies, swims around in her bath, and fights me when I try to give her calcium from a syringe. :)

No sign of a shed yet, but she is up to 203g this week from 176g last Monday when I got her so maybe she'll bust through that purple skin soon. I never see her lying with her head down, she is always perky and basking. If she catches sight of the worm bin or the roach bin, she goes insane trying to get at them! And she is super sweet... :love5:

I'm really going to try to remember to bring my card on Monday to get some new pics! Physically, she doesn't really look much different, except for the fact that she is just more alert and spunky. Fat pads still have not plumped out, but I'm sure that will take another few weeks of good food and good hydration. (I'm talking 'bout good hydration, it's giving me ex-ci-tation) :lol: Nerdy oldies reference, anyone?

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Finally, some pics!

Isha's sweet lovey face
DSC_0003.jpg

Here's one that shows her sunken fat pads real well for WaveCaver3
DSC_0004.jpg

A few more, basking, bathing and eating
DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0018-1.jpg

I noticed this abnormalty in her toe. At first I thought it was part of her deformities from her MBD, but now I think it looks like an old bite that healed all wonky
DSC_0017-1.jpg

Mmm..fresh garden zucchini. The very first one I picked for the season got shredded for the lizards!
DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

My messy eaters:
Excuse me Freddie, you have a little something on your chin...
DSC_0009.jpg

Hornworm explosion (Flapjack)
DSC_0016.jpg

And my cleanest eater of all licks his chops after a nice meal
DSC_0059.jpg

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
OH my! What a sweet face, love it when they are sleeping!

I think Freddie was playing with his food and making a "green" beard for his chin! You know how kids do that - Look Ma I'm a walrus (putting string beans up their nostrils and all) :lol:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Aww poor Isha she looks so thin. :( And her sunken in head looks so sad. :cry:
It will be good to see her put on some weight...which by the way she's chowin down it shouldn't take long. :wink:
Her toe does look as if it were broken somehow and healed all crooked an out of place. Itty Bitty has one front toe like that sort of she did it escaping. :roll:

OMG! The hornworm explosion pic made me giggle... :laughing6:

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Love all the pictures! Isha is very very pretty! I am glad that she is eating for you. She will be a pudgy beardie before too long!

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fresnowitte":3movwswb said:
It will be good to see her put on some weight...which by the way she's chowin down it shouldn't take long. :wink:

I let her eat 7-10 supers a day, plus her salad of course, and a handful of phoenix worms every few days. I feel like she would eat as many supers as I would let her have, though. She seems to be digesting them just fine. Would you let her just chow down maybe once a week or every few days? If it were roaches, I wouldn't hesitate, but since supers are a little harder to digest, I haven't wanted to let her over-do it. How many would you let her have?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Susan if she's digesting the 7 to 10 supers at a feeding fine then I'd up it a couple and see how she does. My girls would eat the supers until they exploded if I'd let them. Though supers come in handy an are a great way to put on weight. I let my mine have about 15+ but not over 20 an only when they need to put weight on. When I'm watching their weight then they only get a couple a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom