i found out my female is carrying eggs...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i am in this situation at the minute and rather worried. i am worried i may get it wrong. my female seems to keep having contractions and not being her usual self. i only found out yesterday after taking her to a trusting petshop for advise that she is carrying eggs. what sort of size laybox is suitable? and what is best to put in it? is a large lunchbox sort of size any good? . i need to move fast so i do not stress my little girl out anymore than she is. any help would be much appreciated. this is her first cluth and my first time caring for a pregnant beardie. thanks :?

i just use a cat litter box with damp play sand. you can get a bag at homedepot for about five bucks. let her dig her hole, lay her eggs, and cover it up. when she gets done dig up the eggs and put them in the incubator if you plan on keeping them or just freeze them then throw them away.

a i should of asked befor but did you have her with a male or by her self?

tonybeeson

Original Poster
hey thanks thats great advise, i will get that sorted first thing, she is in with a male and her sister. i won't be keeping the eggs as she is too young and have been advised that they will be infertile...i was very shocked that she is carrying eggs at only 10 month. we have only recently introduced her to her new male friend bobby. i haven't seen them mate, they have been doing the usual bobbing and waving business to eachother but not gone all the way yet....well not while i have been around. thanks

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I would not house them together!!! Separate all of them ASAP as it will cause to much stress on them!!!! And they will keep breeding.. It is not good for her to have babies at this young of age, it could kill her!!!! I always recommend them being at least 2 years old!!!!! Also make sure you up her calcium and vitamins to help her out during this process...Any more questions just ask...

Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom