I dont think gunter is feeling well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

trysteen

I got my beardie in september. I haven't had many problems with him but lately he is a little lethargic and not eating very well at all. He has had a bowel movement about a day ago so I'm not worried about compaction. He was looking a little dark in color and it has been about six months since I got his UV light so I got a new one yesterday. I have a reptisun 10.0 fluorescent tube. His tale is still pretty dark and I don't know why, and today he won't eat any crickets(which he generally never turns down) or cilantro which is his favorite food. Any ideas?

One of mine recently did the same. she used to be my biggest eater them for about 2 weaks she wouldn't eat or drink anything. she would eat collard greans very very very rarely, and just yesterday she began to start eating again, she only ate 3 crickets but its a start. she was very skinny and she just started to eat again and put some fat back on :/ im honestly not sure why she did that, but my dad told me that they go thru periods like that sometimes, but then again my dad hates animals and has no information on them, so I probly wouldn't take his advice. I would try to give him a few more days and keep offering food and if he still refuses you should probly consider taking him to a vet to get checked out

trysteen":24d5wc05 said:
Thank you for your input it is very appreciated. I am glad your beardie is doing better!
also btw/ this might not be usefull to you, but he might be a little dehydrated, I think that could have been what was wrong with my baby, anyway goodluck! I honestly and truly hope your beardie is perfectly fine :)

trysteen

Original Poster
That is a possibility. He isn't very with water intake weather I mist his terrarium or not haha

trysteen":3f23md8g said:
That is a possibility. He isn't very with water intake weather I mist his terrarium or not haha
the only way my beardie would drink is if she is givin water by hand- after a while she got used to drinking out of her bowl, I think she had to leatn how

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How is Gunter's weight? I would keep the closest eye on that. If he is maintaining weight, he may be in a semi brumation state. If he is losing weight then that may indicate something else is wrong.

trysteen

Original Poster
I don't have a way to weigh him. I can see the bones right behind his legs on his tails a tad bit and he looks "flatter" (not sure of a way to say that lol) but he doesn't look severely underweight. And he has grown about an inch in the last couple weeks. I have been out of town but since I have been back he has just seemed a little off. That may be it. He has been just resting more lately. The discoloration in his take made me think something may be wrong.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't usually worry too much about a darkened tail, that is fairly common. A black beard for a long time may indicate a problem. Get him back on his routine now that you're back and see how he responds. I suggest picking up a cheap kitchen scale at Target or Walmart so you can track his weight. I just put a shoebox top on the scale, tare it, and weigh Dundee by putting him in the box.

trysteen

Original Poster
Update! Gunter is doing much better. He hadn't eaten since I posted this until today. A couple days ago I did find he likes to drink water out of a plastic spoon. I also found he gets a good amount of water if i get a tupperware lid with cilantro on it and fill it with water. Tonight I bought him super worms for the first time and he loved them! I made sure to smash the heads first and I only gave him a few because they are quite large AND he ate crickets, So he had a much better day today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mellzy
Top Bottom