I could use a little help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased my bearded dragon. He is a juvenile. About 4 inches from tip to tale. I have him in a 29 tall. Which is 36''L 18"H 12"D. I am okay with day heating but night heating heres my concern. I have the zilla combo dome with the circular UVB bulb and the 50 watt black night light halogen. It gets about 60degrees F at night. He has a nice tall log that gets him within 4 inches of the fixture through the mesh screen top. You I have yet to take a temp. reading of just that bulb before he was here. Now he is here a bit early and im keeping a eye on him throughut the night but just dont know if this is okay. So if anyone could help, i would appreciate it very much. Thank you everyone. I am glad too be part of the beardeddragon.com message boards.

David

check the temp of the night light spot where he sleeps by putting a termometer on the ground or use a temp gun if you have one. aslong as the temp is around 78-80 your good.

below is the night light
-(000O000)--------------------

---->->O <==== your baby dragon
^^^^^
^^^^^^^ <==== I hope this is the rock that you are taking about
^^^^^^^^^

this area should be around 78-80 at night

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Ok for night time temps, you will want a ceramic heat emmitter, as any light at night can disturb their sleeping patterns. The CEH put heat out but no light, so that should fix the problem. You need a ceramic fixture as it will melt a plastic one! I have mine about central to the top.

I would just like to point out the coil or compact UBV (not sure which it is you described) are actually very bad for them, as the UBV output can be irreglar and there have been more than a few cases of photokerytoconjunctivitus and many more health issue with them. You need a UVB tube, and only the reptiSUN or the arcadia (if in the UK) are reccomended.

4months at 4 inches is very small, this might either be a problem witht he UVB he has gotten so far, lack of food, or maybe they got the hatch date wrong??

Sorry if this is alot of info, but we get alot of people just starting out who have been missold equipment by pet shops or not-so-nice breeders, so its a common issue here!

hope this helps some, If you have any other questions we are all here to help.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom