I can't figure out why Kuma keeps turning in early...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Over the past 2 weeks Kuma has been turning in anywhere from 2pm to like 4pm. :?: :?
His lights come on at 10am he's usually out around 11ish-11:30 n his lights go out for 9pm. The only difference in the equasion since he's been turning in is the UVB light which is indeed a ReptiGlo 10.0 Prior to that he never had one ever (his old owners were uneducated) It took me about 3 weeks since having him before i got one n he would always be out till his lights went out n at times even be out a half hour late dancing around before he crashed.

Maybe it's because he's shedding? I doubt it though. his basking temps are between 99-103. I began to think that maybe he gets bored of just sitting there when I'm not home n then just turns in? I went to the mall today and when i returned at around 3:30 he was already in his cave. I was like (no no, F, that) thinking to myself (Im tired of this routine), I pulled him out, handled him for a little while, spoke to him n then i put him on his log, he crawled to the area where he gets the best light.

I mean otherwise, his energy levels are great! He eats his crickets with normal intensity very consistantly, he eats his collard greens aswell. I just don't understand the turning in early thing besides the possibility of him not liking the UVB light :arrow: :?:

My experiences so far with Croaker indicate that boredom and lonliness are both things that Beardies get afflicted with. I try and make sure Croaker gets plenty of exploring time and attention- if you can, doing the same might help a lot. ... or it may not. I'm new to Beardies myself.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:( Damn, i basically suspected the same just by observing his behavior but i wasn't sure. You think this is possible? I suspected they just enjoyed basking n hanging out but it does make sense....

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
When the light comes on at 10, can he see a window? I know that if they can see its light out but their lights aren't on it confuses their system, which is why its normally recommended to go 12/12 so if the suns coming up about 8 ish, the lights should to!

Aside from the the reptiglos arent the best lights anyway, the reptiSUNs are very good though (very similar names)

What are you measuring the temps with??

mistybugs

I have noticed that with my beardie she likes to be up a lot. She is awake before I turn her light on at 6am and she normally settles down to sleep at around 8 pm. She has the same routine as my 2 year old. I have noticed that mine scheduled herself around the time that we have because my son plays with her (while she is in her cage) from the time he wakes until he goes to bed. Maybe that is what yours is doing is maybe since it is quite around those times your beardie thinks that it is time to seattle down for the day. Hope this helps a little.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Buggsy, ReptiSun is what i meant to say lol..... not reptiglo. N thanksy Misty!

I dont have his lights come on any earlier or aligned with the sun because i just figure i can awake around the time i have his lights set now n feed him....interesting none the less.

mistybugs

I have also heard good things about getting a timer for the lights because you set them on a pattern. I am slowly figuring out that if you want a happy healthy beardie you have to treat them like a baby. I think that something you could do is to try to retrain your beardie just like you would retrain a new born baby. Hope everything goes like you want it to.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
yes timers are invaluuable and everything is on a timer (even the goldfish lights lol!) it just means by the time your up and about, you scaley friend will have had chance to warm up and you can get straight to feeding him!

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have it on timers lol. I got the works here man. I got the Brinks indoor timer. :lol:

He'll go in his cave early but doesn't sleep, just hangs out, weird. :roll:

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm sorry, i really need to figure this out. It's becoming annoying and worrisom! It's become inevitable now. He comes out early or on time to begin his day, eats fine, his temps are right but yet always around 2ish or 3 he turns in!!! :roll:
Why? I have him in a room where it's pretty dark but it shouldn't matter because of his lights right? Does he think its night time because outside of his tank is dark? :?:

this whole entire week iv'e been coming home anywhere between 4-7 n i always pull him out from his half trunk. He's never sleeping either, seems to just be in there burrowed, facing the entrance but eyes open. He'll bask for the first part of the day n when i take him out, when i do catch him in there, he'll go bask for a little while but once he's turned in the first time and i pull him out, he doesn't hang out for long.

WHY?!!?!??!? :(

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Where about in the world are you btw??

\i think the next step is to get a vet check up, and run a full fecal test to see if its just behavioural.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This sucks. Nothing has changed. Today he was up at his normal time 11ish and then 3pm rolls around and he's turned in. :(
I went out n grabbed some crickets for him. took him out of his cave like iv'e been doing, he ate the cricks, ran around, i hand fed him some greens then he ate some on his own, he basked for about 40 minutes, ran around n then went righ back into his half log.

I guess this is what im gonna be dealing with. He doesnt seem to want to change. I'm convinced it may be his UVB light. When he didn't have one he'd be out till forever, even past his lights out. Ever since i got it he began turning in. I dont think he likes it and it is only barely 2 months old. I got it from petmountain. reptisun 10.0

He just spends most of the rest of the day burrowed in his half trunk looking out with a double crossed look on his face (as though it seems) :(

F-It, Im about to start turning his lights off too when he turns in, no point in wasting electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom